MembershipPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/emeriti/membership.html
Society Membership Benefits - As of January 1, 2014
- Minnesota State Mankato "MavCard" - Emeriti ID card allows you easy access to card sensitive services on campus including Library checkout opportunities, on-campus athletic events, etc. The MavCard can also be used as a photo ID card. Not all Society members have the new MavCard, particularly those members who retired more than a decade ago. For those Society members without the ID card, please go to the MavCard Desk adjacent to the Campus Hub counter in the Student Union - the MavCard folks will take your picture, and issue you an Emeriti MavCard. Society members can only apply for the card after their retirement. To activiate the Library checkout feature on the back of the MavCard please go over to the Memorial Library and their customer service desk will activate the Library's coding already on the reverse side of the card.
- Barnes and Noble Bookstore - The University's on-campus bookstore - Barnes & Noble - is providing a $5 gift card in recognition of your years of service.
- Library Services - Access to library material and services including DVD movies, books, autovisual equipment, computers, etc.
- TODAY Magazine - Subscription to the TODAY magazine.
- Parking - Campus parking permit allowing Society members with their White Complimentary permit to park FREE in the Visitors Paylot. White permit holders can also park in Purple permit stalls and, after 3 PM, Green residence hall stalls as well as Gold stalls found on Maywood, West Road (Rugby Gold Area across from Sears), and Lot 11/11a (Student Union). White permit holders can park in Gold permit stalls during summer. (Weekend parking is free.)
- E-mail - Upon request, your username may be retained for campus email. To request your userid be retained, please contact the Information and Technology Services Help Desk at 389-6654 or by e-mail at email@example.com prior to the start of the first term you're retired.
- Computer and Software Purchases - MSU Campus Computer Store purchasing privileges.
- Theatre - Subject to availability, one "non-transferable" complimentary ticket for any Ted Paul Mainstage or Highland Summer Theatre production, including events in the Andreas "Black Box" Theatre. One complimentary Mainstage or Highland Summer Theatre season ticket for emeriti Friends of the Theatre only.
- Music - Emeriti faculty/staff will be eligible to receive one free general admission ticket to any Department of Music event with the purchase of one general admission ticket to that same event by displaying their Emeriti card at the will-call table 30 minutes before the event occurs. These complimentary tickets are based on availability and free admission is not guaranteed due to limited seating.
- On-Campus Administrative Support - Includes Society Coordinator Tammy Bohlke (firstname.lastname@example.org; 389-1515 Alumni Relations Office, Alumni & Foundation Center Room 224).
- Otto Recreation Center's Fitness Center - Annual membership to the Fitness Center (Otto Recreation Center) is available at a reduced rate for Emeriti of $150 annually or $75 per semester. Membership also includes access to Highland Center pool, racquetball courts, and group fitness classes including: Yoga, Zumba, Total Body Conditioning and more. See www.mnsu.edu/campusrec for complete information.
- Student Union Services/Maverick Bullpen Discounts/Emeriti Holiday Gathering The Student Union's game room will provide Society members bowling at half price ($1 per game) and billiards ($2 per hour). The Centennial Student Union will also co-sponsor the annual Emeriti Holiday Gathering in the CSU at no charge.
- Myers Field House Track - Access to Myers Field House for walking and jogging, Monday thru Friday 12 noon to 1 pm and after 7 pm on weeknights. During the academic year, Myers Field house is also available on weekends depending on scheduled events (please check weekly facility schedule on the Campus Recreation website at www.mnsu.edu/campusrec for hours and availability of Myers Field House. Campus Recreation also has tents, sleeping bags and canoes available for reasonable rental rates.
- Business Cards - Provided free of charge from University Printing Services. Phone: 507-389-1181
**The above privileges are non-transferable and subject to periodic review.
To be eligible for honored emeriti status the employee must be retiring in good standing from the university with a minimum of ten years of service.
Names of employees to be considered for honored emeriti status should be submitted by the employee’s department or unit head to the appropriate vice president at least six weeks prior to the employee’s retirement date. The vice president must then make a recommendation to the University President for his approval.
Minnesota State Mankato "MavCARD" - The Emeriti MavCARD ID card allows you easy access to card sensitive services on campus including Library checkout opportunities, on-campus athletic events, etc. The MavCARD can also be used as a photo ID card.
How to receive your Emeriti MavCARD ID
- 1. Once you have been nominated for membership by your Vice President or Dean, (at least 6 weeks prior to retirement date), your application is forwarded to the President for approval
- 2. You will receive a letter from the President's Office once your application for membership has been approved
- 3. When you receive that letter you should initiate contact with the MSU Help Desk via phone at 389-6654, by email at email@example.com or in person to have your email continue
- 4. Once you have notified the HelpDesk, they will process your request. After they process your request, please allow up to 48 hours for your records to reflect your new status. Contact the MavCARD Office at 389-1707 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your Emeriti status. Once confirmed, you may stop by during business hours http://www.mnsu.edu/mavcard/officeinfo/ to have your photo taken and card printed.
- 5. To activate the Library checkout feature on the back of the MavCard please go over to the Memorial Library and their customer service desk will activate the Library's coding already on the reverse side of the card.
Not all Society members have the new MavCard, particularly those members who retired more than a decade ago.
If you have an older Emeriti MavCARD, please confirm the MavCARD Office has an up-to-date record for you and then stop by the MavCARD Office during MavCARD Office hours to have a newer Emeriti MavCARD printed free of charge.
Email section update: E-mail - Upon request via the Emeriti Membership Form, your username may be retained for campus email.