MembershipPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/emeriti/membership.html
To be eligible for honored emeriti status the employee must be retiring in good standing from the university with a minimum of ten years of service.
- Names of employees to be considered for honored emeriti status should be submitted by the employee’s department or unit head to the appropriate vice president at least six weeks prior to the employee’s retirement date.
- The vice president must then make a recommendation to the University President for approval.
- You will receive a letter from the President's Office once your application for membership has been approved
- After the President's approval the IT Solutions staff will automatically be informed to change your status on the date of your retirement.
- After your retirement date, you can check your status using People Search. You will see that your status has changed from “Employee” to “Emeritus.”
Society Membership Benefits - As of November 22, 2017**
- Barnes and Noble Bookstore - The University's on-campus bookstore - Barnes & Noble - is providing a $5 gift card in recognition of your years of service.
- E-mail - Your campus email account and address will automatically be retained.
- Parking - Campus parking permit allowing Society members with their White Complimentary permit to park FREE in the Visitors Paylot. White permit holders can also park in Purple permit stalls and, after 3 PM, Green residence hall stalls as well as Gold stalls found on Maywood, West Road (Rugby Gold Area across from Sears), and Lot 11/11a (Student Union). White permit holders can park in Gold permit stalls during summer. (Weekend parking is free.)
- Emeritus MavCARD – Your University photo ID that allows access to card sensitive services on campus including Library checkout opportunities, Otto Recreation Center, on-campus athletic events, etc. Once your Emeritus status has been confirmed, you may visit the MavCARD Office to have your photo taken and card printed. You may also contact the MavCARD Office at 507-389-1707 or email@example.com to confirm your Emeritus status prior to your visit.
- Library Services - Access to library material and services including DVD movies, books, audiovisual equipment, computers, etc. To activate the Library checkout feature on the back of your MavCARD, please go over to the Memorial Library and their customer service desk will activate the Library's coding already on the reverse side of the card.
- Otto Recreation Center's Fitness Center - Annual membership to the Fitness Center (Otto Recreation Center) is available at a reduced rate for Emeriti of $150 annually or $75 per semester. Membership also includes access to Highland Center pool, racquetball courts, and group fitness classes including: Yoga, Zumba, Total Body Conditioning and more. See www.mnsu.edu/campusrec for complete information.
- Music - Emeriti faculty/staff will be eligible to receive one free general admission ticket to any Department of Music event with the purchase of one general admission ticket to that same event by displaying their Emeriti card at the will-call table 30 minutes before the event occurs. These complimentary tickets are based on availability and free admission is not guaranteed due to limited seating.
- Theatre - Subject to availability, one "non-transferable" complimentary ticket for any Ted Paul Mainstage or Highland Summer Theatre production, including events in the Andreas "Black Box" Theatre. One complimentary Mainstage or Highland Summer Theatre season ticket for emeriti Friends of the Theatre only.
- Student Union Services/Maverick Bullpen Discounts/Emeriti Holiday Gathering The Student Union's game room will provide Society members bowling at half price ($1 per game) and billiards ($2 per hour). The Centennial Student Union will also co-sponsor the annual Emeriti Holiday Gathering in the CSU at no charge.
- TODAY Magazine - Subscription to the TODAY magazine.
- Business Cards - Provided free of charge from University Printing Services. Phone: 507-389-1181
- On-Campus Administrative Support - Special Events Office Special Events Office; 507-389-1798.
- Campus Computer Store - Many items at the Campus Computer Store include educational pricing, and because of this we are only able to sell to members affiliated with Minnesota State University, Mankato. Students, parents of students, faculty, staff and emeritus are all eligible to purchase from the Campus Computer Store.
- Microsoft Office Purchase - As part of the campus license agreement, the Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP) offers current and emeriti employees of Minnesota State University, Mankato, the opportunity to purchase and download ONE copy of Microsoft Office Professional 2016 or Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac at a significantly reduced price for use on a personally-owned computer. For more information visit: https://www.mnsu.edu/its/started/microsoft-office2016.html or contact IT Solutions on campus at 507-389-6654.
- Myers Field House Track - Access to Myers Field House for walking and jogging, Monday thru Friday 12 noon to 1 pm and after 7 pm on weeknights. During the academic year, Myers Field house is also available on weekends depending on scheduled events (please check weekly facility schedule on the Campus Recreation website at www.mnsu.edu/campusrec for hours and availability of Myers Field House. Campus Recreation also has tents, sleeping bags and canoes available for reasonable rental rates.
**The above privileges are non-transferable and subject to periodic review.