||Clinical Nurse Specialist M.S.N.
||Allied Health and Nursing
|Number of Required Campus Visits
||4 per semester during all semesters (except semester registered for NURS 554 Advanced Health Assessment which requires weekly seminars.)
||Graduate - Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.)
|Total Number of Semester Credits
||Graduate program designed to prepare professional nurses for advanced practice leading to a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree.
Completed applications are due in to the MSN Program by January 15th.
To the College of Graduate Studies:
- Completed application form to MSU.
- Application fee (fee applies to MSU students, graduates, faculty and staff).
- Verification of baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university (official transcript).
- Verification of Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores may be required.
- Information required of international students, if appropriate.
To the School of Nursing:
Verification of references requested.
- Completed MSN Program, SON application form.
- Copy of current registration of RN licensure.
Courses that must be completed for this program include:
- NURS 552 Advanced Health Assessment (3 Cr)
- NURS 553 Advanced Pharmacology (3 Cr)
- NURS 554 Advanced Pathophysiology (3 Cr)
- NURS 601 Theoretical Foundations of Nursing (3 Cr)
- NURS 602 Ethical Dimensions of Nursing (2 Cr)
- NURS 603 Advanced Practice Roles (3 Cr)
- HLTH 575 Biostatistics (3 Cr)**or equivalent
- NURS 604 Knowledge Development in Nursing (4 Cr)**
- NURS 606 Social Space of Nursing (2 Cr)
- NURS 620 Processes Influencing the Human Health Experience (3 Cr)
- NURS 640 Family Nursing (2 Cr)
- NURS 641 Adult and Older Adult Health I (2 Cr) OR
- NURS 642 Child and Adolescent Health (2 Cr) OR
- NURS 643 Reproductive Health (2 Cr) OR
- NURS 644 Adult and Older Adult Health (2 Cr)
- NURS 660 Organizational and Systems Leadership (3 Cr)
- NURS 661 Advanced Practice I CNS (3 Cr)
- NURS 648 Advanced Practice II CNS (3 Cr)
- NURS 649 Advanced Practice III CNS (3 Cr)
- NURS 699 Thesis (4 Cr)
**HLTH 575 Biostatistics (or it’s equivalent) is a required pre-or co-requisite for NURS 604
|Program Contact Information
Donna Brauer, Ph.D., RN
360 Wissink Hall
Mankato, MN 56001
Phone: (507) 389-1317 (V) or (800) 625-3529 (MRS/TYY)
Fax: (507) 389-6516