Technical RequirementsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/ext/online/technical.html
You may need to run a system check to ensure that your computer system is properly configured for the web courses. It verifies your browser version, browser settings, and display settings on your computer.
Before you access your course on D2L, your system and software should meet the following minimum requirements.
|Mac User||Operating System||
|Windows User||Operating System||
|Common to both Mac and Windows||Internet||
|Browser||Win32||Mac OS X||Linux|
|Internet Explorer 8.x||X|
|Internet Explorer 7.x||X|
|Mozilla Firefox 3.x +||X||X||X|
|Safari 4.x +||X||X|
Download free programs and players
- Adobe® Reader® (pdf files)
- PowerPoint Viewer 2003 - If you do not own the PowerPoint program, this viewer will let you view full-featured presentations created in PowerPoint 97 and later versions.
- Excel Viewer 2003 - Open, view, and print Excel workbooks, even if you don't have Excel installed.
- Word Viewer 2003 - View, print, and copy Word documents, even if you don't have Word installed.
- Visio 2003 Viewer
- Visio 2002 Viewer
- Works 6.0 Converter for Works and Word Users - The Works 6.0 Converter allows you to convert word processor documents created in Microsoft Works 6.0 to Microsoft Word and other Works programs. Specifically, this converter works with Works 2000, 4.5, and 4.x, and Word 2002, 2000, and 97.
- Mozilla Firefox for MAC users. If you are using a Mac and have experienced problems with Desire2Learn, we suggest using the Firefox browser. Firefox is most compatible with D2L and will give you the best results.
- Word 97-2000 Viewer
- PowerPoint 98 Viewer for Macintosh
- Microsoft Word 97, 98, and 2000 Converter for the Macintosh Users of Microsoft Word 5.1 or Word 6.x for the Macintosh can now open documents created in Word 97 for Windows. This converter also makes it possible for Word 5.1 or Word 6.x users to open documents created in Word 98 for the Macintosh