International TravelPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/globaled/internationaltravel.html
International Travel Steps
- If you are planning international travel, you must complete the ‘Request for Approval of Out-Of-State Travel’ form at
- You will then need to check the U.S. Department of State travel website to see what travel advisory designation the country has been given.
- If the country you are traveling to is on the U.S. Department of State travel website and has a Level 3 or Level 4 designation, you will need to complete this additional form.
- All of the completed forms will then need to be sent to the Office of the Provost in WA 315.
- When traveling internationally, please make sure to ‘Enroll in STEP’ which allows the Department of State to better assist you in case of an emergency while you are abroad.
Please note that Derek Hughes from Minnesota State has provided the following information update pertaining to employees’ international travel.
- Redpoint is a service you have access to, but you need to contact them to set-up a policy for the traveling employee. The only service Redpoint provides (free from additional cost) is repatriation of an employee’s remains. Below is more information, but we can confirm from the terms of benefit (if purchased) up to $150,000 for medically necessary repatriation. They also recommended the employee print and carry the attached card.
- Details: RedpointWTP LLC provides travel assistance services to all Minnesota State employees, spouses and dependent children enrolled in the group life insurance program. The services are available 24/7/365 for emergency assistance and transport when traveling 100 or more miles from home. It is recommended that employees contact Redpoint for pre-trip information and terms and conditions prior to travel. In the US and Canada they can be contacted at 1-855-516-5433. From other locations call collect at 1-415-484-4677.
- Print attached card and carry with your travel documents
- Review the Redpoint website travel information. The site has many important features including:
- Travel alert
- Travel resources
- Planning resources
- The evacuation services are an additional cost employees and can be purchased through Ripcord rescue travel insurance. See website for details.
Prior to travel employees should take the following steps: