Our AccreditationPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/hlc/
2016 HLC Reaffirmation of Accreditation Process
Link to the Assurance Argument Document
Minnesota State University, Mankato has been accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) since 1916. HLC accredits degree-granting post-secondary educational institutions in the North Central region of the United States and conducts a full review of accreditation every 10 years. The next periodic evaluation of the university is scheduled for Spring Semester of 2016, with a campus visit by the Commission's Evaluation Team on March 28-29, 2016.
To prepare for this visit and make our case for HLC reaffirmation of accreditation, the University has compiled the Assurance Argument Report to present to the Evaluation Team. The Report is based on five Criteria, each made up of 4-5 Components, that the Higher Learning Commission has established. For more information about MSU's accreditation efforts, click on the links above or to the left.
BASIC HLC DOCUMENTS
- The HLC Criteria for Accreditation (pdf) or available directly from the HLC website.
- The Assumed Practices (pdf) or available on the HLC website.
- The Federal Compliance Packet (pdf) or available on the HLC website.
- The Assurance Argument Document is available to the campus community on SharePoint.
- The MSU HLC Assurance Sub-Committee thanks everyone for input and participation in this process.