Competition RulesPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/homecoming/court/competition/rules.html
Overall Point System for the 2018 Homecoming Competition
MAVs on the Mall - (Max 225 points)
Dunk Tank - Student have a chance to dunk their friends. team's will recieve 30 points for each person that sits for a max of 5 minutes or two dunks. Only 2 people from each team can be entered for points. Teams will receive 50 points if they get their advisor/chapter advisor/Hall director to sit on the dunk tank for a max of 5 minutes or two dunks.
Yell Like Hell - Each team will perform a chant that encoruages school spirit wth cheering, music, and dancing with a minimum of 15 seconds and max of 45 seconds. Teams will recive 40 points for entering a team. Only one group will be allowed to participate per competition team. The top three teams will be chosed by judges based on Maverick Pride. The final teams will perform their chant at Homecoming Bonfire Kick-Off and be chosen my audience applause.
- First Place: 75 points
- Second Place: 50 Points
- Third Place: 30 Points
Dodgeball Tournament - (Max 80 Points)
Each team will receive 30 points for entering a team of six people. Only one dodgeball team will be allowed to participate per competition team or non-competition team.
New for 2017: For the first-round teams will choose one player from their team as a “Grenade.” You may change your “Grenade” at the end of each game. As soon as the “Grenade” is hit that team loses and the game is over. The top two finishing teams (how far they got in the bracket) will receive points.
- First Place: 50 points
- Second Place: 30 Points
Cram a Van - (Max 250 Points)
This is homecoming’s opportunity to give back to the Mankato community. Each team will receive points for the weight of their non-perishable food items donated one lbs. is equal to one point, . There will be extra points awarded for the two teams with the most points.
- First Place - 75 Points
- Second Place - 50 points
Maverick Pride Day - (Max 70 Points)
Each team will receive 40 points for entering up to 3 pictures with up to 5 people per picture. Pictures must be taken at the designated photo booth at Mav Ave. Some props will be provided nevertheless team are encouraged to bring their own. Teams are expected to dress up in their best maverick gear and take a picture at the photo booth. Teams are encouraged to take more photos with other teammates and students to participate not for points. Points will be given to the top three pictures demonstrating maverick pride in each division.
- First Place - 30 Points
- Second Place - 20 points
- Third Place - 15 Points
Food Eating Contest - (Max 85 Points)
Each team that enters will receive 35 points for each participant (max two participants). Points will be awarded to the top three finishers:
Rules: There will be four rounds consisting of three heats, one for each division. Two winners from each division will compete in final round. Contestants must remain seated at all times. For the final round competitors will be allowed to use their hands. Each plate must be completely eaten. One judge will determine the winner of each round. Two judges will monitor for interactions.
Judges decisions are final.
- First Place - 25 Points
- Second Place - 15 points
- Third Place - 10 Points
Parade - (Max 200 Points)
The Parade is Saturday, September 29 at 10 am. The parade is Lineup starts at 8 a.m. Look for signs and future information about the parade. Teams that enter a float or parade unit will earn for participation.
As stated above, each team will earn 100 points for entering a float, car, or marching/walking unit. Teams can earn additional points based the following:
- Correlation to Hoemcoming Theme - 30 Points
- Originiality and Creativity - 20 Points
- Quality of Work - 50 Points
Additional Points will be given to the top three floats:
- First Place - 100 Points
- Second Place - 75 points
- Third Place - 50 Points
Lip Sync Contest (Max 200 Points)
Each team will earn 100 points for participating in the event.
Each team will earn 100 points for participating in this event.
Additional points will be given to the top three teams:
- First Place 100 100 points
- Second Place 75 75 points
- Third Place 50 75 points
The contest will be judged on:
- Overall performance 15%
- Originality 15%
- Choreography 10%
- Teamwork 10%
- Someone lip syncing at all times 15%
- Correlation to the homecoming theme 20%
(includes costume and props)
- Knowledge of song lyrics 15%
- All routines must be performed on the space provided in Bresnan Arena.
- Each team will be assigned a song. The rest of the music will be chosen by each team at the informational meeting. Teams will come with a list of 10 additional songs, and in an organized manner, teams will get to choose their songs. You can only use the music that your team has selected. The teams will end up with five (5) songs, every song must be used during the performance.
- By Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 5 p.m., you must come in to the Student Activities Office, CSU 173, and show your music for approval, as well as explain the routine.
- Each routine must be between four (4) minutes and eight (8) minutes long.
- No obscene actions are permitted.
- No alcohol, drug, or sexual connotations are allowed.
- At all times, someone from your team must be lip syncing to the music or points will be deducted.
- All items must be removed from the performance area following the performance. Items left on the stage will result in a point reduction.
- Must sign a waiver in order to participate
Homecoming Royalty Points (Max 320 points)
Royalty Candidate Sponsorship
All Royalty applicants will need to submit an application. A group of judges will narrow down the applicants to a minimum of 10 candidates regardless of gender. Candidates must be sponsored by a competition team.
· Teams will receive 50 points for submitting two candidates
· Teams will receive 75 for each candidate that is chosen for the homecoming court (max 2 candidates).
- Each team may enter only two (2) candidates gender doesn’t matter.