Faculty Course ProposalPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/honors/facultycourseproposal.html
Honors faculty members are selected for their excellent reputation as scholars, teachers, and mentors. They enjoy creating innovative educational experiences and are dedicated to student success in and out of the classroom.
Probationary and tenure-track faculty are invited to submit course proposals through our annual process. Fixed-term and adjunct faculty may submit course proposals after an invitation from the Honors Council and Director.
The Honors Program seeks both general education and advanced seminar courses that develop leadership, research, and global citizenship competencies.
All honors course proposals will be submitted via the CDS system. Please review the instructions document below to learn more about how to submit a proposal for consideration and see samples of course syllabi. With questions or to schedule an appointment with the Director, e-mail email@example.com or call 507-389-5191.
- Instructions for Submitting Course Proposals
- Sample Syllabus of Honors 401 Seminar
- Sample Syllabus from Honors Gen Ed Class
Proposals can be submitted at any time via CDS.The deadlines for submitting a proposal for consideration during the 2017-2018 cycle (course proposals to be included in the Honors Program offerings during 2019-2020) are as follows:
- Friday, February 1, 2018 Course Proposals due through CDS
- Friday, February 23, 2018 Deadline for Dept Chair and Dean review/approval via CDS
- February 26- March 15, 2018 Honors Program Council Review of Proposals
- March 16, 2018 Recommendations for courses to be included by the Honors Program Council