Honors CouncilPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/honors/facultystaff/council.html
Through the Honors Council, faculty and staff contribute to the development of the Honors Program while advocating for academic excellence throughout campus. The Honors Council is co-chaired by the Honors Program Director and the Dean of Graduate Studies and Research. It meets once per month during the academic year.
The Honors Council supports academic excellence in leadership, research, and global citizenship throughout the campus. The Council will:
- Work with the Dean to hire and evaluate the Honors Director
- Support Honors Program faculty and students.
- Assist with recruiting, admissions, and orientation.
- Review and select Honors course and seminar proposals, and present their recommendations to the Curriculum and Academic Policy Committee.
- Maintain, develop, and assess the Honors Curriculum.
- Assess Honors courses and student portfolio demonstrations.
- Conduct program evaluation.
Honors Council Members and Terms
- Nwando Ikeogu, Honors Program Student Body President (2018-2019)
- Emma Gale, Honors Program Student Body Vice President (2018-2019)
- Amber Chrischilles, Honors Program Student Body Secretary (2018-2019)
- Samantha Kozelek & Elizabeth Putnam, Honors Program Student Body First Year Class Representatives (2018-2019)
- Shayla Schumacher, Honors Program Student Body Sophomore Class Representative (2018-2019)
- Samantha King, Honors Program Student Body Junior Class Representative (2018-2019)
- Vacant, Honors Program Senior Class Representative (2018-2019)
- Jill Cooley, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences FA Representative (2016-2019)
- Alisa Eimen, College of Arts & Humanities FA Representative (2018-2021)
- Autumn Hamilton, College of Allied Health & Nursing FA Representative (2017-2020)
- Jacqueline Arnold, FA UCAP Representative, (2018-2019)
- Steve Gilbert, Counseling Center (2017-2020)
- Vacant, College of Business FA Representative (2017-2020)
- Nadja Kramer, The Department of World Languages and Cultures Representative (2018-2019)
- Teresa Kruizenga, College of Education FA Representative (2016-2019)
- Kuldeep Agarwal, Undergraduate Research Center Director
- Carolyn Nelson, Office of Admissions Representative (2018-2019)
- Jean Clarke, MSUAASF Representative (2018-2020)
- Shaobiao Cai, College of Science, Engineering and Technology FA Representative (2018-2021)
- Kenneth Reid, Office of Institutional Diversity (2017-2020)
- Ginny Walters, Honors Program Assistant Director and University Fellowship Coordinator
- Leah White, Honors Program Interim Director, Honors Program Council Co-Chair
- Stephen Stoynoff, Interim Associate Vice President for Research and Dean of Graduate Education, Honors Program Council Co-Chair
- Evan Rusch, Memorial Library Representative (2018-2019)