Honors CouncilPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/honors/facultystaff/council.html
Through the Honors Council, faculty and staff contribute to the development of the Honors Program while advocating for academic excellence throughout campus. The Honors Council is co-chaired by the Honors Program Director and the Dean of Graduate Studies and Research. It meets once per month during the academic year.
The Honors Council supports academic excellence in leadership, research, and global citizenship throughout the campus. The Council will:
- Work with the Dean to hire and evaluate the Honors Director
- Support Honors Program faculty and students.
- Assist with recruiting, admissions, and orientation.
- Review and select Honors course and seminar proposals, and present their recommendations to the Curriculum and Academic Policy Committee.
- Maintain, develop, and assess the Honors Curriculum.
- Assess Honors courses and student portfolio demonstrations.
- Conduct program evaluation.
Honors Council Members and Terms
- TBD, Honors Program First-year Class Representative (2017-2018)
- Hunter Herber, Honors Program Sophomore Class Representative (2017-2018)
- Yuseina Brito Lino, Honors Program Junior Class Representative (2017-2018)
- Sean Thomez, Honors Program Senior Class Representative (2017-2018)
- Jill Cooley, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences FA Representative (2016-2019)
- Heather Camp, College of Arts & Humanities FA Representative (2015-2018)
- Autumn Hamilton, College of Allied Health & Nursing FA Representative (2017-2020)
- Lisa Vasquez, FA UCAP Representative, (2017-2018)
- Steve Gilbert, Counseling Center (2017-2020)
- TBD, College of Business FA Representative (2017-2020)
- Nadja Kramer, The Department of World Languages and Cultures Representative (2017-2018)
- Teresa Kruizenga, College of Education FA Representative (2016-2019)
- Kuldeep Agarwal, Undergraduate Research Center
- Carolyn Nelson, Office of Admissions Representative (2017-2018)
- Jason Westman, MSUAASF Representative (2016-2018)
- Leah Roue, College of Science, Engineering and Technology FA Representative (2015-2018)
- Kenneth Reid, Office of Institutional Diversity (2017-2018)
- Ginny Walters, Acting Honors Program Director, Honors Program Assistant Director and University Fellowship Coordinator, Honors Program Council Co-Chair
- Stephen Stoynoff, Interim Associate Vice President for Research and Dean of Graduate Education, Honors Program Council Co-Chair