Honors CouncilPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/honors/facultystaff/council.html
Through the Honors Council, faculty and staff contribute to the development of the Honors Program while advocating for academic excellence throughout campus. The Honors Council is co-chaired by the Honors Program Director and the Dean of Graduate Studies and Research. It meets once per month during the academic year.
The Honors Council supports academic excellence in leadership, research, and global citizenship throughout the campus. The Council will:
- Work with the Dean to hire and evaluate the Honors Director
- Support Honors Program faculty and students.
- Assist with recruiting, admissions, and orientation.
- Review and select Honors course and seminar proposals, and present their recommendations to the Curriculum and Academic Policy Committee.
- Maintain, develop, and assess the Honors Curriculum.
- Assess Honors courses and student portfolio demonstrations.
- Conduct program evaluation.
Honors Council Members and Terms
Heather Bunde, MSUAASF Representative (2014-2016)
Anne Dahlman, Honors Program Director, Co-Chair (2015-2018)
Hans-Peter De Ruiter, Allied Health & Nursing (2014-2017)
Austin Rau, Senior Class Representative (2015-2016)
Steven Gilbert, Counseling Center (2014-2017)
Alexa Turgeon, President, Honors Student Council (2015-2016)
Deborah Jesseman, Educational Studies: K-12 and Secondary Programs (2013-2016)
Oksana Kim, Accounting and Business Law (2014-2017)
Nadja Kramer, World Languages and Cultures (2014-2015)
Karla Lassonde, Psychology (2013-2016)
Kellie Wong, Sophomore Class Representative (2014-2015)
Carolyn Nelson, Assistant Director of Admissions (2015-2016)
Heather Camp, Arts & Humanities Representative (2015-2018)
Mikayla Denney, Junior Class Representative (2015-2016)
Barry Ries, Dean of Graduate Studies and Research, Co-Chair
Jennifer Turner, FA UCAP Representative, (2015-2016)
Ginny Walters, Honors Program Assistant Director
Alan Werden, Residential Life (2015-2016)
Megan Mahowald, Allied Health & Nursing (2015-2016)