Benefits FAQsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/benefits/faqsbenefits.html
When can an employee enroll in insurance benefits?A new employee must enroll within 35 days of his hire date. An employee who becomes newly eligible for insurance due to a change in employment (changing from 50 percent to full time) must enroll within 30 days of the change in status.
When can an employee change, add or cancel insurance benefits?
Health and Dental
- During the annual Open Enrollment period or in the case of a life event
- Health insurance is open every year
- Dental insurance is open every other year
Life and Disability
- An employee may apply for changes at any time
- Applications to apply for or increase must provide evidence of good health
Long Term Disability (LTD)
- An employee can only apply for or increase during Open Enrollment
How can an employee change or cancel insurance benefits?
- Health and Dental - An employee must submit an application for basic coverage within 30 days if adding or within 60 days if you are canceling.
- Life and Disability - An employee must submit an *application for optional coverage
* Applications are available in Human Resources or at mn.gov/mmb/segip/
How do I add an additional eligible dependent?
If you already have family coverage and wish to add an additional eligible dependent, complete the Dependent Change form available on at mn.gov/mmb/segip/
How can an employee enroll in Long Term Care (LTC)?
A new employee can *apply with in 35 days with out evidence of good health. After the first 35 days evidence of good health must be provided. Any employee can apply for coverage of spouse and parents at any time; they will always have to provide evidence of good health.
*Applications are available in Human Resources or at www.mpel.org
How can an employee change or cancel LTC?
Contact insurance company CNA at 888-653-9600
When can an employee enroll in pre-tax (MDEA, TEA, DCEA) benefits?
You must enroll yourself and family in Flexible Spending Accounts within 35 days of your hire date or within 30 days of the change in status or during open enrollments held each year.
When can an employee change or cancel Flexible Spending Accounts?
You can only make changes or cancel due to a life event
What is the Health Care Savings Plan (HRSP)?
Post employment medical and dental savings plan. Employee and employers contributions are determined by the bargaining agreements or personnel plans.
What is the Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)?
An employer-paid contribution to an account the employee may use for out-of-pocket medical and dental expenses for self and eligible dependents.
When do I get HRA Flexible Spending Accounts?
You can refer to www.eidebailly.com/services/employee-benefits Currently only IFO and administrators are eligible for contributions to the HRA, eligibility requirements are specified in the IFO agreement and the personal plan for administrators.
Where can I go for more information?
For detailed information visit mn.gov/mmb/segip/ under State Employee Info. You can also look at the booklet, Your Employee Benefits, that you received with the enrollment and every other year thereafter.