Glossary of HR TermsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/glossary/index.php?id=ijk
Terms beginning with the letter(s):
- Inter Faculty Organization (IFO)
- The labor union that represents approximately 3,300 full and part time faculty at Minnesota’s seven state universities.
- Intermittent Employee
- An employee who works an irregular and uncertain schedule which alternately begins, ceases and begins again as the needs of the agency require.
- Individual Retirement Account Plan (IRAP)
- A defined contribution plan that is the primary retirement plan for all newly retirement coverage eligible unclassified employees.
- Job Audit
- The process through which a position is evaluated to determine its proper classification.
- Job Class Code
- The 8 digit number assigned to a specific classification. The Minnesota Management & Budget (MMB) is responsible for setting up these codes. Also referred to as classification code.
- Job Classification
- The designation given to jobs at comparable levels which require similar knowledge skills and abilities where all of the following apply:
- The same descriptive title may be used with clarification to designate each position allocated to the class
- The same general qualifications are needed for performance of the duties of the class
- The same schedule of pay can be applied with equity to all positions in the class under the same or substantially the same employment conditions (M.S. 43A.02)
- No Entries