7.17 General Harassment for AFSCME - Council 5 Overview
(Carry Forward Policies)
Intentional behavior, whether physical or verbal by one employee toward an AFSCME-Council 5 bargaining unit member which has the purpose of interfering with the bargaining unit member's work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment constitutes a violation of state university policy.
Timelines for reaching a decision may be extended by the investigating supervisor for reasonable periods of time. The complaint file should contain the specific reasons for delays.
Decisions by the Vice President and/or President are to be deemed the final determination of the university.
Employees in violation of system policy will be subject to disciplinary action, up to or including separation when appropriate.
- Complaints should be filed according to the chain of supervisory responsibility at the first appropriate level.
- Supervisors will attempt to resolve allegations of general harassment within ten working days.
- AFSCME-Council 5 members may have bargaining unit representation at his/her request.
- If an employee is dissatisfied with the resolution, they may appeal within five working days to the unit/department vice president where complaining party is employed.
- The vice president has ten workings days to review and issue a final decision.