ScholarshipsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/international/scholarship/
This is a list of scholarships available for international students. Please read the eligibility requirements before applying for any scholarship.
Cultural Contribution Scholarship
The Cultural Contribution Scholarship enables international students to pay tuition at the resident rate and the scholarship is given automatically to all new undergraduate international students during their first semester.
Mark M. Welter World Citizen Award
LeadMN seeks applicants from Minnesota State colleges and universities for the Mark M. Welter World Citizen Award. Twenty $500 awards (up to two awards per institution) will be given to Minnesota State students who exemplify an understanding of the interconnected nature of the world, its nations and all people.
Ideally, students selected will share some or all the following beliefs/commitments:
- All people are of a common species that share a common adventure in a common home.
- The world shares common problems (pollution, terrorism, challenges) but views them through differing cultural and religious value perspectives.
- All citizens of planet Earth mutually share an interconnected, fragile biosphere.
- All people-All cultures, all creeds, all colors, and all countries--have been “depositors and with drawers at the world bank of knowledge.”
- Our world is increasingly, inexorably, and undeniably interdependent.
- No one nation, people, religion, or creed can unilaterally deal with contemporary challenges of pollution, population, poverty, pandemics, and peace.
Gladys B. Olson International Student Endowment
The International Endowment committee offers the scholarship for the deserving international students every year. Each year international students at MSU may apply for the Endowment Scholarships in the Spring semester. Please check the Endowment Scholarship section for more information.
Departmental and other MSU Scholarships
Minnesota State University, Mankato offers variety of scholarships for students. Apart from In-State Cultural Contribution Scholarship and the International Endowment Scholarship, we encourrage our international students to seek other scholarship oppertunities. Please check with your department for scholarship. You can also visit the following link to obtain more information on departmental and MSU scholarships. Use this new MSU tool: mnsu.edu/scholarshipfinder.