Mark M. Welter World Citizen AwardPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/international/scholarship/mark_m_welter_scholarship.html
LeadMN seeks applicants from Minnesota State colleges and universities for the Mark M. Welter World Citizen Award. Twenty $500 awards (up to two awards per institution) will be given to Minnesota State students who exemplify an understanding of the interconnected nature of the world, its nations and all people. Ideally, students selected will share some or all the following beliefs/commitments:
- All people are of a common species that share a common adventure in a common home.
- The world shares common problems (pollution, terrorism, challenges) but views them through differing cultural and religious value perspectives.
- All citizens of planet Earth mutually share an interconnected, fragile biosphere.
- All people-All cultures, all creeds, all colors, and all countries--have been “depositors and with drawers at the world bank of knowledge.”
- Our world is increasingly, inexorably, and undeniably interdependent.
- No one nation, people, religion, or creed can unilaterally deal with contemporary challenges of pollution, population, poverty, pandemics, and peace.