ELE is our 5-day Seminar or 12-week Learning Community that we offer to faculty at MSU to help introduce the use of technology into their learning environment, whether it is face-to-face, online, or hybrid. Session Details are:
Desire2Learn (D2L) Overview
- Learn how to effectively use D2L to engage your students with the use of profles, news, discussions, dropbox, quizzes and grades
- Taught by Jeff Henline our D2L Site Administrator and Trainer
Classroom Technology Overview
- Learn how the technology in the classroom can get students to interact with each other and you
- Taught by Matt Clay our Classroom Technology Support Manager
Technology Tools Overview
- Take a peek and try out many inexpensive or free software tools that can enhance the student learning experience
- Taught by Marni Dunning our Instructional Designer
"What a valuable resource we have at MSU with the teachers in this course! Their positive attitudes are contagious—it was a breath of fresh air."
"Technology is not the end of the process—it is a tool by which we better connect with our students."
"I really enjoy the side effects—having such a small group is awesome. At lunch, talking with the other members in a natural, relaxed way about things they've done or are thinking about doing is extremely helpful."
ELE 5-day Seminar
ELE 12-week Learning Community
- The 12-week Learning Community will be 2 hours, 1 day a week, for 12 weeks
- The next seminar is scheduled in the Technology & Teaching Center - Dates & Times for Spring 2011 Semester TBD
What to bring
- Content including: Powerpoints, Word documents, PDFs, Videos, Photos, Audio Files, and so on
- Laptop (if you have one)