ChimeInPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/academic/chimein.html
What is ChimeIn?
ChimeIn is a learner response system that was developed by University of Minnesota and changed to fit our needs at Minnesota State Mankato. Faculty can sync ChimeIn to their live courses to take attendance or assess their students or it can be used to get anonymous information from anyone. Learners respond via laptop, tablet, mobile device by navigating to a webpage or by text messaging in their responses.
- ChimeIn Website at Minnesota State Mankato;
- ChimeIn Cloud, a fully cloud-based tool that can be used by anyone, anywhere (not just Minnseota State Mankato faculty and students); and
- ChimeIn open source download on github, for those who wish to download, install and integrate a local instance of ChimeIn.
- 10 Strategies to engage your students with Audience Response
- Active Learning Strategies: Audience Response Systems
How to create a public course in ChimeIn
How to Sync your Minnesota State Mankato course in ChimeIn
How Students log into ChimeIn
ChimeIn is designed to be accessible to visually impaired users. It uses standard HTML and CSS for content display, without relying on third party plugins or images. This makes it highly compatible with screen readers and other assistive technologies. HTML elements are labelled as appropriate, and controls do not rely on input-device specific states.
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions for how we might make ChimeIn more friendly to visually impaired learners, please contact us.
Instructional Innovations in Action: ChimeIn
"The evaluation of the [ChimeIn] exercise [in my class] was 5/5 from the 70 students who did the...exercise with comments like 'How did you do that?' to 'That was absolutely awesome!' Thank you for this tool!" - Queen Booker, Ph.D., Professor, College of Business