Descriptive Video ServicesPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/academic/dvs.html
We currently have ITS staff available to assist faculty in descriptive video services. Guidelines to submit a request are as follows:
1. Contact the ITS Service Desk with your request. You may do this one of three ways:
- Title(s) of all purchased or faculty made videos, online clips, etc. that require DVS
- Course name(s) and section number(s) that will be viewing the video(s)
- Due date(s) of when you will need the media available for viewing
3. You will be contacted by someone from Academic Technology Services (ATS) to finalize details regarding your request. You will be asked to provide the media (VHS, DVD, YouTube, electronic link) and the transcript (if existing) to Academic Technology Services in ITS.
Note: If you are using media that is owned by the Minnesota State Mankato Library it is possible that given the titles and/or call numbers, ATS can retrieve the requested media from the ERC.
- How long does the descriptive video service process take?
- The descriptive video service process will vary depending on the length of video and on the project load at the time of request.
- Is there any cost to the requesting department?
- There is no cost to the requesting department for descriptive video service requests.