Invigilation / Anti-PlagiarismPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/academic/invigilationantiplagiarism.html
What is Invigilation / Anti-Plagiarism?
Anti-plagiarism software equips educators with the tools needed in order to effectively check the originality and integrity of a student's work. Invigilation, or the process of ensuring that students are taking their own exams, includes a range of approaches and technologies that can help bring rigor to the testing process for online and blended assessments.
If you are considering strategies regarding Invigilation/Anti-Plagiarism, please view our documentation, MNSU Guide to Online Exam Security.
These tools are fully supported. Contact the IT Solutions Center at 507.389.6654 for assistance.
- Respondus Lockdown - Respondus Lockdown is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within various LMS (learning management systems). While the quiz is locked down, students are not able to use other programs on their computer.
- Turnitin - Turnitin is a plagiarism detection software and acts as a tool to educate students how to correctly and effectively use secondary sources.
What can I do?
Some best practices for ensuring academic integrity include:
- Monitoring your gradebook
- Reporting any suspicious activity to the IT Solutions Center at 507-389-6654
- Always follow data security and privacy best practices such as never sharing your passwords with anyone
Helpful Anti-Plagiarism Resources for Students
Academic Honesty: Plagiarism Primer from the Center for Academic Success