QualtricsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/academic/qualtrics.html
What is Qualtrics?
Qualtrics is a web-based software that allows for a creative, collaborative and highly customized user response collection. The pilot for this project was funded through a partnership with the College of Allied Health and Nursing, the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Graduate Studies and Research, and IT Solutions.
You are able to reach your audience in a variety of ways using surveys, questionnaires and polls. These response collections can be used to aid in faculty, staff or student research, event and activity feedback, and course and program reflection, just to name a few. Individuals, small groups or even entire classes or organizations can participate together to create a single response mechanism and not be bound by location. That survey instrument can then be distributed by all contributors to obtain responses.
NEW! All university Qualtrics accounts now have File Upload question types! Scroll down to learn how to download file upload responses.
- Log into MNSU Qualtrics Here
- NEW! Login credentials (as of May 23, 2019):
- Faculty/Staff: StarID@minnstate.edu
- Students/Emeriti: StarID@go.minnstate.edu
How Do I Use Qualtrics
Get Help with Qualtrics Design and Logic
- IT Solutions at MNSU does not directly support Qualtrics, as our license includes excellent customer service and support from the company itself.
- Engage the support team at Qualtrics by Email or by Phone: Use their online support system!
- Login to Qualtrics using your StarID/Office 365 credentials.
- Click the Help link in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click Contact Support button.
- Click Sign in with SSO link at the bottom of the sign in.
- Enter the Organization ID: mnsu
- Click the Continue button
First, Access the Qualtrics Project that has the File Upload question.
- Click the Data & Analysis tab.
- Assure a Yes response to the File Upload question.
- Click the down arrow in the Actions column next. Click View Response.
- Locate the File Upload question. Click the name of the file to download.
How to Set-Up Star ID Sign In for an Individual Survey
Adding an authenticator (Star ID sign in) to a survey flow will allow you to better idenitify who has taken your survey, including first name, last name, and email.
This is used primarily for training and educational/classroom use of Qualtrics. Somethings there is a need to verify the identity of the participant and their responses, like when grading or reporting who has completed a training.
To set up an authenticator in your survey:
First, Access the Qualtrics Project you would like to add the authenticator to. Then:
- Click the Survey tab, and then click the Survey Flow tab in that menu.
- Click +Add a New Element Here.
- Click the Authenticator button.
- In the Authenticator type drop down menu, select SSO.
- Un-check the Associate Respondent with Panel.
- Check Capture Respondent Identifying Info.
- To capture Last Name, First Name, and Email, click the green plus sign two times. This will add two additional fields for three total.
- Enter the following into the fields:
- Lastname = lastname
- Firstname = givenname
- Email = mail
- From the SSO Type drop down menu select Shibboleth.
- Click +Add a New Element Here below the authenticator block.
- Click Block button.
- Click Save Flow button.
- Edit the survey as normal.