Smart BoardPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/academic/smartboard.html
What is a Smart Board?
The Smart Board is an interactive whiteboard that uses touch detection like a tablet or iPad. We have the Smart Board software and Smart Board Notebook software free for all faculty, staff and students to use at Minnesota State University, Mankato. You need 3 things to make the smart boards work: a smart board in the room, the smart board software, and a receiver (this is usually attached to a USB extension in the classrooms on campus).
** Currently we only have licenses for Smart Notebook version 11 and Mac iOS Yosemite (10.10) is not compatible with Notebook version 11. Notebook 14 licenses coming SOON! **
- Download the Smart Notebook for Mac
- Download the Smart Notebook for Windows
- Get the license for Smart Board Software at Minnesota State Mankato (starid and password login required)
- Smart Exchange Website
- Rooms at MNSU with Smart Boards
How do I use a Smart Board?
Learn more about Smart Boards on Lynda.com
Want to learn more? Attend one of our Smart Board Training Sessions!
- Thursday, October 23rd from 2:00pm - 3:30pm in ML94B
- Thursday, November 6th from 9:00am - 10:30am in ML94B
- Tuesday, November 18th from 1:00pm - 2:30pm in ML94B
If you are located off campus and still would like to watch the SmartBoard training, please contact Marni Dunning at 507-389-5892 to set that up.
Register for these sessions using STARS: https://secure.mnsu.edu/mnscupd/login/default.asp?campusid=0071
Check out the training calendar for the most up to date sessions: www.mnsu.edu/its/academic/trainingcalendar.html