Getting HelpPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/help/
Who to contact when technology isn't working for you
IT Service Desk: your first point of contact
The IT Service Desk is your first point of contact for most issues with technology at Minnesota State Mankato. They'll help you with email, file storage, network access and other challenges. Call us at 507-389-6654 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Hours of Operation Starting May 12, 2014
Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m
Saturday, Sunday Closed
Academic Year Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m
Friday 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sunday Phone Support Only 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
Break Hours during the Year
Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Estimated Response Times
Average initial response times for requests received by the IT Service Desk during normal Hours of Operation:
- Help Desk walk-in: 5 minutes
- Phone call: 2 minutes
- Voicemail: 30 minutes
- Email and self-service: 30 minutes
Time required for resolution of service calls will vary, depending upon the nature of the problem and availability of personnel. While most problems will be resolved immediately, others may require a scheduled appointment.
Software and Hardware Supported
Software and Hardware standards are available at http://www.mnsu.edu/its/started/standards/.
Levels of support for applications vary from basic installs to expert level.
Faculty and Staff Support
- Hardware installation and configuration
- Troubleshoot and coordinate hardware repairs
- Software installation, updates and configuration: See Applications Supported
- Network configuration and security
- Imaging and backup assistance (to campus servers)
The following services are provided to all students through Minnesota State Mankato Tech Fee.
- Setup & troubleshooting for:
- CAMPUS account
- Answer basic installation questions for:
- MS Office
- Operating system
- Malware utilities
- Software installation for:
- Basic troubleshooting & issue diagnosis to provide self-service resources to resolve:
- OS & software errors
- Hardware issues
- Simple malware removal guidance
- General technology use questions
Got a question?
Answers to commonly asked questions as well as commonly requested documentation can now be found online using the Maverick OneStop.
Please remember that Information & Technology Services will never send you an e-mail message requesting your user name or password for any reason. If you receive a message requesting your personal information, please forward it to email@example.com and delete it. Do not respond to any request with your user name, password, or other personal information.