Article DescriptionPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/knowledge/article/18329.html
Outlook Errors Profile Removal
The following steps will guide you through removing your Outlook profile which should fix any of these errors.
- Click the Start Button located in the bottom left hand corner of your screen.
- Select Control Panel.
- Choose Mail (32-bit).
Note: If your view does not look like this, click the blue lettering next to "View by" and select Small icons.
- Click Show Profiles...
- The default profile creation is named Outlook. This should automatically be selected. Click Remove.
- You will be prompted to verify that you would like to remove the profile. Select Yes.
- Click Add... Type in a profile name, such as Outlook and click OK.
Note: If you type in Outlook, it may say that it is already in use. Try typing in Default or another name
- Typically, the account information is automatically filled in. This however, is not always the case. At times, you may manually have to type the Name, Email, and Password of the user.
- You may or may not be prompted to enter a username and password. Sometimes if you are prompted, it will automatically fill in the correct information, other times not. You will need to type StarID@campus.mnsu.edu (replacing StarID for the users StarID) for the username and type the users StarID Password. Click OK.
- Click Finish. You will now be able to open Outlook. It may take a few minutes for the messages and calendar to load as it has to take it back down from the Microsoft server.
Last modified June 27, 2017