Article DescriptionPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/knowledge/article/18591.html
MavMAIL Setup Using Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, and Outlook 2016 in Windows
The following article provides instructions for logging onto Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, and Outlook 2016 for Windows using your MavMAIL StarID credentials.
Note: If you already have an account, you do not have to recreate one.
Note: The colors may look slightly different for Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016, but the steps remain the same.
- Open Outlook.
- If you are unsure how to do so, you can click the Start button located in the bottom left hand corner of your screen.
- In the search box, type outlook.
- Click Microsoft Outlook 2010, or Microsoft Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016.
- If this is your first time using Outlook, you will be prompted immediately to add an account. If you already have an account, please use the following instructions:
- Click File located in the upper left hand corner of Outlook.
- Click Add Account
- Follow the instructions on the screen, entering your name, e-mail address, and StarID password in the specified fields, then click Next
- Outlook will begin adding your MavMAIL account.
- For your username, type StarID@campus.mnsu.edu (replacing your StarID for StarID). Enter your password if it did not auto-fill. Finally, place a checkmark next to Remember my Credentials and Click OK.
Note: This window may pop up behind another window. It should flash orange at the bottom of the screen on the task bar.
- Outlook will now finish connecting your MavMAIL. Click Finish to complete the setup.
If you encounter any configuration issues, please contact the IT Service Desk at 507-389-6654 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified August 8, 2017