MavMAIL is Web Email at Minnesota State MankatoPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/mavmail/
TIP: Trouble signing in to MavMAIL?
If you have trouble signing in - and there is a window where you can "pick an account" that's wrong, you can remove it by clicking the three vertical dots and then selecting "Forget". You will then be able to type the correct username (above).
NOTE: This is different from before, now students login with your StarID@go.minnstate.edu and employees login with your StarID@minnstate.edu.
Tip: to get directly here - search for MavMAIL or type mavmail.mnsu.edu in your browser!
Office 365 (MavMAIL) Migration Status:
As of Friday, 12/21/2018 @ 12:00pm the migration is COMPLETE ahead of schedule.
- The migration has finished ahead of schedule! Email/MavMAIL and Office 365 was down from Wednesday, 12/19/2018 @ 10pm to Friday, 12/21/2018 @ 12pm.
- Your mail address is the same.
- Your password is the same
- Your email has been copied to the new mailbox/calendar
- OneDrive docuements and files have been copied to your new OneDrive folders
- Files have been copied to the new Team sites.
- Any resources like rooms now have a MNSU- prefix to differentiate them from other colleges and universities in the state-wide Office 365 address books.
- Any SharePoint, groups or Team sites now have a MNSU- prefix to differentiate them from other colleges and universities in the state-wide Office 365 environment.
- Outlook 2016 and any email apps on smartphones will need to have have the account re-setup to work with the new username (above).
- Any shared mailboxes or calendars may need to have permissions reapplied. Contact the IT Solution Center for help.
- If you've ever been associated with another college or university, you may need to change your FROM: address.
TIP: Now that the transition is completed:
- You will need to update Outlook 2016 to use your new username and connect it to your new Office 365 account.
- Android and IOS - Mail and calendar apps - remove and re-add your account using your new username (instructions below).
For more information please visit the Office 365 Migration page.
- E-mail storage: 50 GB
- OneDrive Storage: 5 TB (5,000 GB)
- Integrated instant messaging (Skype for Business and Teams)
- Text messaging integration for your calendar items (SMS)
- Connect to your MavMAIL account from your smart phone.
- Office 365 apps including OneNote, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, To-Do, Teams and many more
- Use OneNote for all your class notes - Saves to the cloud and available on any device
- Safe Links helps prevent malware, phishing, and access to web sites that are known to be bad.
- Safe Attachments prevent malware sent in attachments.
FREE Microsoft Office ProPlus 365 Downloads
This is the place where all MSU students, faculty and staff can download Microsoft Office for their laptops, desktops, smartphones and tablets. Instructions
NOTE: MavMAIL is the official communication method for Minnesota State University, Mankato. Check MavMAIL at least once every 24 hours for critial university information and updates. Make MavMAIL easily available - set it up to sync to your smartphone!
Email client configuration
MavMAIL and Office 365 services, apps and OneDrive storage as well as MavDISK file storage is provided to current students and employees of Minnesota State University, Mankato. Student email accounts are retained one year after transferring or leaving the University.
Students who graduate are provided MavMAIL Alumni email service after graduation.