Alumni & Student InfoPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/mavmail/alumni-email-info/
Microsoft Office 365 provides MavMAIL service to alumni.
Microsoft Office 365 is a fully-featured e-mail service with anti-spam filtering, integrated calendaring, notes, and task management.
Access is available from the web, Windows or Macintosh computers, mobile devices (Android, Apple iOS, and others).
Comparisons between MavMAIL for alumni vs. students, faculty & staff
- Alumni are licensed for email and calendar apps only.
- Current students, faculty and staff have access to all Office 365 apps including OneDrive and Office Online Apps such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and many others.
- Alumni are not licensed for downloadable Microsoft Office ProPlus apps. Those apps will revert to read-only mode. Alumni may choose to subscribe to Microsoft Office on their own directly to Microsoft if they desire to continue to use Microsoft Office.
- Current Students, faculty and staff can download and use Microsoft Office ProPlus for FREE on their personal computers, laptops, and mobile devices (up to 5 downloads) and use Microsoft Office while they are a current student or employee.
- The web access continues as before at https://mavmail.mnsu.edu
Is provided through a web browser at https://mavmail.mnsu.edu or alumni can configure their smart phone or mobile device to use the built-in email app to use MavMAIL.
NOTE: StarID passwords continue to expire every 180 days and will need to be changed when expired.
Use MavMAIL using any web browser (Outlook Web App). For information about how to connect using a Web browser, see How to Sign In to Outlook Web App.
Alumni MavMAIL iPad/iPhone/iOS Setup
This should be the same as the student and staff iOS Setup for MavMAIL.
- Tap Settings
- Tap Mail, Contacts and Calendars under Settings and tap Add Account… under Accounts.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange under Add Account… If this is your first e-mail account on your device, tap “Mail” and continue.
- In the Exchange dialog box:
- Enter your firstname.lastname@example.org email address in the Email field.
- Enter your Campus username email@example.com in the Username field.
- Enter your Campus password in the Password field.
- Enter Office 365 in the Description field.
- Tap Next in the upper right corner.
- Tap Next in the upper right corner of the Exchange dialog box. If your iOS device is unable to automatically locate the correct Office 365 server name, use m.outlook.com
- In the Exchange Account dialog box:
- Choose the type of information you want to synchronize.
- Tap Save in the upper right corner.
- Push the Home button on your device, and tap Mail or Calendar to confirm that you’ve set up your Office 365 account information.
If the steps above generate the error: “Cannot Connect to Server”, you may need to replace the server address in the steps above with the host name. See the Identifying Your Office 365 Host Name.student and staff Windows Phone Setup