MS Office Home Use ProgramPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/msoffice/
$9.95 for Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 or Office:Mac 2011
Follow these simple steps:
Step 1. Go to www.microsofthup.com
Step 2. Enter your MSU e-mail address and program code 35E93A4875 (if it's not already filled in)
Step 3. Buy the software for $9.95 and download Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 or Office for Mac 2011.
What is the Microsoft Home Use Program?
Faculty and staff can purchase Microsoft Office 2013 (or Office 2011 for mac) for $9.95. This is intended for personally owned computers at home.
BACKGROUND: Minnesota State University, Mankato has purchased a campus license agreement which includes Microsoft Office as well as other software. This campus license agreement allows us to install software on all computers owned by Minnesota State University, Mankato. The campus license agreement also provides Microsoft software on student lab computers.
As part of the campus license agreement, the Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP) offers current employees of Minnesota State University, Mankato the opportunity to purchase and download ONE copy of Microsoft Office Professional 2013 or Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac at a significantly reduced price for use on a personally-owned computer.
Microsoft Office 2010 and 2011 for Mac is available at no cost only on state-owned computers.
How much does Microsoft Office cost?
Under the terms of the Microsoft Home Use Program, employees may purchase and download Microsoft Office for a considerably reduced rate of $9.95. Because the software is purchased by the employee, it is owned by the employee and not Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Do I receive a DVD?
Backup DVDs are available for purchase for an additional $12.00 through the Microsoft Home Use Program at the time you purchase the software. While a backup DVD is not required, you may wish to purchase the DVD media in the event that you may need to reinstall the software.
Which products are included in Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus for PC?
Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Publisher, InfoPath and Lync.
Which products are included in Microsoft Office 2011 for the Mac?
Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
Can I purchase multiple copies? Can I install it on multiple computers?
Faculty and staff are can purchase and download only one copy of Office for $9.95. Under the terms of the HUP agreement, only one license may be downloaded and installed on only one computer. If you require Microsoft Office on more than one computer, you can purchase a license and media at an academic discounted price of $75.00 at the Campus Computer Store, which is located in the lower level of the Centennial Student Union.
Can I give away or sell the software once I purchase it?
No, the HUP license extends only to the eligible employee and may not be given away or sold. Employees may not make additional copies of the software.
Can students purchase Microsoft Office through the Microsoft Home Use Program?
Students can download Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows for FREE as part of their Student Technology Fees. Student Free Download. NOTE: This is FREE for STUDENTS ONLY.
Only current faculty and staff are eligible to purchase Office for $9.95 through the Home Use Program.
How do I order the software?
- You must be using the computer where the software will be installed.
- In a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox), open https://secure.mnsu.edu/downloads/. Enter the User ID and Password you use to log in to your campus computer and e-mail.
- Locate the link for the Microsoft Home Use Program for Employees of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Copy or write down the Program Code for the Microsoft Home Use Program.
- Click the link to be directed to the Microsoft Home Use Program webpage. Enter your MSU e-mail address and the Program code that was on the software downloads page then click the Submit button.
- The resulting page will supply you with directions on how to proceed with your purchase and an e-mail message will be delivered to your work e-mail address with a "Buy Now" button as well as instructions on how to purchase.
What if I have a problem with the download or installation?
Ninety days of free support is provided by Microsoft for the Microsoft Office Home Use software, beginning the date of the first call, by calling (800) MICROSOFT.
Is training available?
- Hands-on training for Microsoft Office 2010 is offered on campus throughout the year to Minnesota State University, Mankato faculty, staff, and students. Search and register for a "Computer Skills" session.
- The Microsoft IT Academy is a free, online resource offering Microsoft courses, curriculum, certification preparation, and discounted exams available to Minnesota State University, Mankato faculty, staff, and students.