Windows 10Page address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/restech/networksetup/windows10_new.html
ResTech Services Setup Guide
Instructions for Windows 10
Please follow the instructions, below to connect to the wireless network in the residence halls using the Windows 10 operating system.
1. Start your machine and go to the desktop.
2. Locate the wireless icon in the bottom right corner of your screen. Click on the “wireless” icon.
3. Select Reslife-secure as your network connection.
4. Upon choosing the Reslife-secure network, select Connect Automatically and click Connect.
5. Connect to the network using your StarID/password when prompted. Your network login is: campus\starId.
6. Choose OK.
1. NOTE: If you connect to Reslife-unsecure, you will authenticatethrough PacketFence.
2. To complete your connection to Reslife-unsecure, open a web browser. Use Edge, Internet Explorer, or Firefox. Do NOT use Chrome for this next step—you cannot complete your connection using the Chrome browser.
3. Upon opening your Edge, Internet Explorer, or Firefox browser, you will be redirected automatically to the authentication page at link.mnsu.edu/charter-registration.
4. Please read Charter Communication’s Acceptable Use Policy and click the box next to I accept the terms.
5. Enter your StarID and StarID password.
6. Click Login.
7. When your device is registered, you will be automatically redirected back to your browser’s homepage.
Need Additional Assistance?
Visit ResTech Services located in the lower level of Carkoski Commons (CC 006)
Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sunday 11:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Call or visit the IT Solutions Center
Get help or request an appointment with ResTech Services at 507-389-6654. You can also visit the IT Solutions Center for walk-in support in the Academic Computer Center (ACC) at Wissink Hall 121.
Monday-Thursday 7:15 a.m. – Midnight
Friday 7:15 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday 1:00 p.m. – Midnight
A member of the Minnesota State system and an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity University.
This document is available in alternative format to individuals with disabilities by calling IT Solutions at 507-389-6654 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY).