Windows 7Page address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/restech/networksetup/windows7.html
Click on the Start Menu and click on the Control Panel option.
- Click on the Network and Internet icon.
- Click on the Network and Sharing Center option.
- Look on the left side of menu and click on Change adapter settings.
- Select one of the icons displayed, and Right Click on it.
(Common names for this are Local Area Connection, and Wireless Network Connection.)
If a User Account Control window will appear asking for your permission to continue, just click Continue.
- In this properties window there will be a list of services and protocols associated with your network connection. Scroll through the list and find the Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IP4). Highlight this option and select the Properties button.
- In the TCP/IP Properties window, be sure to select the option for automatically obtaining an IP address and DNS server. After making these selections, click on the Advanced… button.
- Under the IP Settings tab, be sure that 'DHCP Enabled' appears and that no gateways are listed under 'Default Gateways.'
- Select the DNS tab and make sure that there are no DNS server addresses listed.
- Select the WINS tab and make sure that no WINS addresses are listed.
- Select OK to close the Advanced TCP/IP Settings and the TCP/IP Properties window.
- Select Close to exit the Local Area Connection Properties window.
- Refer to the Registration section for additional setup instructions.