NewsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/started/mavdisk/news.html
- None Currently Scheduled
Current Issues reported by users:
- WEBDAV does not work from on or off campus. Problem is because of a RPC filter at the switch. 9/15/2003
- Certain file types do not copy to MavDISK Reported by Wayne Sharp (9/6/2002) Still investigating. (Cause Missing Resourse/Data forks with Macintosh file types when copied from Fat to NTFS formated hard drives.
- Submitfile webpage - new code On HOLD -- Old pages implimented temporarily
Campus License of Mac SFTP for Macintosh Users (9/22/2002 submitted by User)
Archived Tasks: (Newest to Oldest)
- 6:54 10/2/2003 - FTP Link for SSH has moved to ftp://ftp.ssh.com/pub/ssh/SSHSecureShellClient-3.2.9.exe
- 10:00PM 7/7/2003 - Disk Corruption on Drive G: Students A to M - Cont. Switch back to old hardware, recover Students A to M to 7/4/2003 Backup
- 6:00 7/3/2003- 10:00 7/4/2003 -Hardware switched along with OS changes.
- 1:00 6/3/2003 - New SSH Client available for PC's SSH 3.2.5
- 10:30 AM 5/19/2003 - Fixed a problem with SSH not allowing logins.
- 6:00 PM FRIDAY MAY 16 - 6:00AM MONDAY MAY 19: MAVDISK WILL BE UNAVAILAVBLE WHILE MAINTANCE IS BEING DONE ON THE SERVER 10:00AM - SSH installed and opened for public use
- 11:00 PM Server Maintance - SSH and Security Patch
- 2:00PM 2/3/2003 - OpenSSH back up and running!
- 6:00 PM 1/31/2003 - Uninstall old SSH server software and install new SSH package. Check back for details! In Progress!
- 12:20 PM 1/31/2003 - Uploading to dropboxes is now available on the web. see http://mavdisk.mnsu.edu/submitfile.html & fixed issue with AD lookup of email address
- 10:00 PM 1/30/2003 - Application is not responding we will be cycling the server to fix this issue.
- 1:32 PM 1/21/2003 - College of Business Quotas are now in place. 80MB for Students, 100 MB for Staff
- 9:00 PM 1/17/2003 - To remove test services that were installed on 1/16/2003
- 9:30 PM 1/12/2003 - Reboot to clear Shadow Copy Services
- 6:00 PM 1/9/2003 - Install GigaBit Card and update services (Successful except NIC will not register at 1000)
- 12/26/2002 - Finishing touches/tweeking - Macintosh shares/ Antivirus / Temporary folder / Web Folders
- ALL DAY 12/23/2002 - Finish Upgrading the Shares/Permissions and IIS setup
- 5:45PM 12/22/2002 - Server operational on Microsoft .Net
- 5:00PM 12/20/2002 - Upgrade MavDISK - Fix a number of issues (quota software, shares, websites...) Server will be down until Thursday January 2
- 10:00 PM 12/12/2002 - Three Microsoft Secruity Releases to be applied & Re-install Appletalk
- 9:00AM 11/23/02 - Reinstall AppleTalk to fix issue with MavDISK disappearing from the Chooser. Install 3 New Hotfixes.
- 5:30 PM 10/29/2002 - Introduce new Web Form for users to upload files to Faculty Staff Drop Boxes.
- 10:11 AM 10/29/2002 - Update Language and Content of mavdisk.mnsu.edu based on usability report from Dmitriy Y. Zhurkin & Mishuk A. Chowdhury(9/13/2002)
- 2:58 PM 10/2/2002 - Instructions for connecting to MavDISK from an iPAQ completed by Jeffery Henline of OIT
- 12:52 AM 9/29/2002 - Meet with developers to update MavDISK Instructional pages and overall content and format.
- 12:00 PM 9/27/2002 - *FIXED* Currently SSH is unavailable due to an issue while updating the server to a Domain Controller. Check here for updates as informaiton becomes available to staff. Connecting to MavDISK by windows shares, macintosh volumes and webDAV is uneffected by SSH. A global security policy caused the issue.
- 10:00 PM 9/23/2002 - Fixed Appletalk issue that was broken by New Service Pack.
- 8:00 AM 9/22/2002 (est. 2.5 hours) - Scheduled for several updates: Re-install Quota Software, System State Backup, Service Pack issue and DC promote.
- 2:25 PM 9/20/2002 - Update the messages of the quota software to something more informational as to which server reported 8/21/2002
- 12:00 PM 9/19/2002 - Due to popular demand MP3 files can be uploaded to MavDISK. Reported 9/5/2002 - Currently in debate by administration based on copyright issues.
- 6:16 PM 9/17/2002 - Instructions for connecting from the Academic Computer Center PC and Macintosh computers (9/13/2002)
- 12:00 PM 9/13/2002 - Noon 9/13/2002 - Macintosh Standard Authentication will be shut off allowing only Microsoft and Apple encrpted protocols for Mac OS computers.
- 9:30 PM 9/13/2002 - SSH Does not allow uploads - Windows SSH 3.2 works correctly updated secure downloads website.
- 4:30 PM 9/12/2002 - Implement New Web Look with Documentation (Requested 8/23/2002)
- 9:30 PM 9/9/2002 - Issue w/ AppleTalk protocol Un-install-Reboot-Re-install to fix
- 3:00 PM 9/9/2002 - Fix issue with ill formed quotas preset to 80,000 bytes
- 2:30 PM 9/6/2002 - Issue with Mac 9.2.2 Clients Again (May because of folder redistribution)
- 11:22 PM 9/5/2002 - Server Locked. Rebooted & updated quotas
- 12:00 PM 8/25/2002 - Moved all Students/Staff/Emeritus to new Drives
- 3:15 PM 8/23/2002 - Fixed Issue with Mac 9.2.2 Clients seeing folders in reverse alpha order (ACC Requester 8/20/2002)
- 10:00 AM 8/23/2002 - Export/Import SSL ticket from old setup and re-Imported on new MAVDISK & Fixed SSL security ticket to correct WebDav security issue*
- 4:30 PM 8/22/2002 - Fix Power button on chassis
- 5:00 PM 8/21/2002 - Correct issue with OpenSSH - Folder Path incorrect
- 6:30 PM 8/20/2002 - Corrected the following issues:
- Quota software license re-installation -Was generating an error in the event log
- Move website root locations to isolated drive/attempted to fix SSL license key
- OpenSSH -- Re-install to fix 3.4-1 exploits
- 3:00 8/15/2002 Faulty HBA -- Replace by EMC
- 6:00 7/24/2002 Move to new hardware --Moved to New Dell 2650 Dual 1.5 Gigahertz Pentium 4 Processors
- 6:00 7/23/2002 Move to new hardware -- Issue HBA faulty, replaced by EMC on 7/24/2002