MavPRINT Windows PrintingPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/started/mavprint/mavprintwindows.html
Before you begin, ensure that you have an active Internet connection either by connecting through an Ethernet cable or connecting wirelessly through Mavnet or Mavnet-Encrypted.
- In Windows, click on the "Start button", and then click "Run". For Windows Vista, click on the Windows button and type "run", then select the program "Run."
- Inside the Run dialog box, type: "\\mavprint" then click "OK."
- The "Enter Network Password" box will pop-up.
- Conntect As: Enter your username which is the same thing you use to login to your email. It needs to be entered as "Campus\username"
- Password: Enter your MavId password which is the same thing you use to login to your email
- The "mavprint" window will appear. Right click, then click "Connect" on the three printers that you want installed on your computer:
- MavPRINTBW, MavPRINTColor, and MavPRINTCobBW.*
If a box pops up asking if you want to install a printer driver, click 'yes.'
You only need to install MavPRINTCobBW if you are a College of Business student.
- Next, Click and drag the computer icon next to the word "\\mavprint" on to your desktop.
- The Mavprint printers are now installed on your computer, and you will be able to print to any Mavprint stations on campus. Please note that all students receive a $15.00 printing allotment each semester, which is about 300 pages. More money can be added to your printing account either through the MavCash stations, located in the CSU by the Barnes and Noble book store or in the Library by the Copy Shoppe, or by going online to https://mavcash.mnsu.edu/.
***Important Note for Windows Vista Users***
Due to a change in the way Vista handles network printers, you will need to reconnect to the Mavprint network each time you connect to the Mavnet wireless network. Connect to a wireless network, double-click on the Mavprint (the one you made in step 5), and login. You will then be able to print on campus.