Student software downloadsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/student_software/
FREE Microsoft Windows & Office Suite for Students
Included as part of Student Technology Fees, Microsoft Windows and the full Microsoft Office suite is now available for free to currently enrolled students at Minnesota State University, Mankato. MSU students can download (at no extra charge) Microsoft Office 2013, Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac, and Windows 7 Pro/Ultimate or Windows 8.1. Below are two options to choose from when using student software. Please contact the Service Desk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 507-389-6654 if you need any assistance.
Option 1: Download on your laptop, desktop, or mobile device
- Download and install Microsoft Windows 8.1 (on any PC laptop / PC desktop / Macintosh)
- Download and install Microsoft Office (2013 for PC, 2011 for Macintosh, Mobile for iOS/Android/Windows 8 Tablet)
|Office for Windows||Office for Mac||Office for Android||Office for iPhone & iPad||Office for Windows 8 Tablet|
- Click the button (below) labeled "DOWNLOAD HERE" and login using your StarID and password
- Note: If you are a staff or faculty member, you will be redirected to the Faculty MS Office Home Use page.
- Once you are logged in you will be at the default Microsoft download webpage for MNSU.
- You may then choose which software you are looking to download by clicking on the corresponding picture or link.
- Prior to installing MS Office, please uninstall any previous versions of office you may have installed on your machine.
- Download the software.
For username use campus\StarID - so if I use aa0000zz to login to MavMAIL, I would log in using campus\aa0000zz as my username.
Option 2: Use Office Apps Without Downloading
- Office Apps (web browser) - Using OneDrive for Business, create or edit Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, or Project documents. Login to your MavMail to get started!
- Office on Demand - downloads a temporary Microsoft Office app (Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, etc.) without installing on the local computer; instead, the applications are streamed from the Internet. The download is the full version of the application that goes away when you're finished closing it.
(Note: Office Apps and Office on Demand require Internet Access and opening OneDrive to use)