Student Software DownloadsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/student_software/
1) FREE Microsoft Office ProPlus 365 (2016) for Students and Employees (PC and Mac)
FREE downloads of Microsoft Office ProPlus 365 are available to currently enrolled students and employees at Minnesota State University, Mankato for use on personally owned computers and mobile devices.
MSU Mankato students and employees can download (at no extra charge) up to (5) five copies of Microsoft Office ProPlus 365 for Windows and Mac OS, as well as (5) five copies of Office Mobile for iOS, and Android. This software will expire one year after the student graduates.
For best results, uninstall older versions of Microsoft Office before you install Office 365.
- Login to MavMAIL
- Within MavMAIL, click on the Office 365 logo at the top of the page.
- Click the "Install Office Apps " button near the top of the page.
- Select the Office 32-bit download
Even though your computer is 64-bit, select 32-bit version of Office for best compatibility and most features of Microsoft Office
- Follow instructions (depending on your web browser) to download and install Office.
- Once Office 2016 Professional Plus is installed, you will find your programs with the rest managed by your operating system. In Windows 10, for example, you will find them under All apps, accessible from the Windows (Start) menu.
- ACTIVATION - The first time you start an Office app, chose to login - and use the format firstname.lastname@example.org (using your StarID) and password. This will activate the software and enable full Office functionality and software updates. Office will have to re-activate every 30 days.
If you get a pop-up message indicating the "Click-to-Run installer encountered a problem because you have Windows Installer based programs installed on your computer", you may need to uninstall the older version of Microsoft Office already on your computer. Click the Go online for additional help link for more information about and how to resolve the error.
Please contact the IT Solutions Center via email at ITSolutionscenter@mnsu.edu or by phone at 507-389-6654 if you need any assistance.
2) FREE Microsoft Windows 10 for Students only
Currently enrolled students can download one copy of Windows 10 for FREE https://secure2.mnsu.edu/downloads
Windows 10 includes Defender built-in antivirus/anti-mailware.
3) Other Software Available to Students:
- Free Antivirus Software for Windows and Mac OSX - System Center Endpoint Protection: https://secure2.mnsu.edu/downloads
- SPSS for Students (Windows and Mac OSX) https://secure2.mnsu.edu/downloads
After login, select IBM, Data & Analytics, Software, SPSS
- Poll Everywhere
- Anatomy TV
- Presentation Translator (PowerPoint plug-in)
Informational Links about Microsoft Office 2016 ProPLUS
|Office for Windows 2016||Office for Mac 2016||Office for Android||Office for iPhone & iPad|
Students who previously
Mac OS 10.9 is no longer