Student Software DownloadsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/student_software/
1) FREE Microsoft Office 2016 ProPLUS for Students and Employees (PC and Mac)
FREE downloads of Microsoft Office 2016 ProPLUS are available to currently enrolled students and employees at Minnesota State University, Mankato for use on personal computers and mobile devices.
MSU Mankato students and employees can download (at no extra charge) up to (5) five copies of Microsoft Office ProPlus for Windows and Mac OS, as well as (5) five copies of Office Mobile for iOS, and Android. This software will expire one year after the student graduates.
- Login to MavMAIL
- Within MavMAIL, click on the Office 365 logo at the top of the page.
- Click the "Install Now" button.
- Select the Office 32-bit download (NOTE: even though your computer is 64-bit, select 32-bit version of Office for best compatibility and most features of Microsoft Office)
- Follow instructions (depending on your web browser) to download and install Office.
- Once Office 2016 Professional Plus is installed, you will find your programs with the rest managed by your operating system. In Windows 10, for example, you will find them under All apps, accessible from the Windows (Start) menu.
- ACTIVATION - The first time you start an Office app, chose to login - and use the format email@example.com (using your StarID) and password. This will activate the software and enable full Office functionality and software updates.
NOTE: If you get a pop-up message indicating the "Click-to-Run installer encountered a problem because you have Windows Installer based programs installed on your computer", you may need to uninstall the older version of Microsoft Office already on your computer. Click the Go online for additional help link for more information about and how to resolve the error.
Please contact the IT Solutions Center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 507-389-6654 if you need any assistance.
2) FREE Microsoft Windows 10 for (only Students)
Currently enrolled students can download one copy of Windows 10 for FREE https://secure2.mnsu.edu/downloads
NOTE: Windows 10 includes Defender built-in antivirus/anti-mailware.
3) Other software available to students:
- Free Antivirus Software for Windows and Mac OSX - System Center Endpoint Protection: https://secure2.mnsu.edu/downloads
- SPSS for Students (Windows and Mac OSX) https://secure2.mnsu.edu/downloads
NOTE: after login, select IBM, Data & Analytics, Software, SPSS
Informational Links about Microsoft Office 2016 ProPLUS
|Office for Windows 2016||Office for Mac 2016||Office for Android||Office for iPhone & iPad|
Students who previously
2013 will get 5
Office 2016 .