PageEditPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/web/editing/editors/pageedit/
Once you have been given permission to use the PageEdit web tool you will be able to login and edit the pages in the site that you have been granted access to edit. To get permission you must request that your director or department chair email Ted Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org, to grant you access.
On the page you want to edit, click the "Page" link near the bottom right of the page
and log in using your StarID and password.
Once you are in you will be able to start editing pages using the PageEdit tool. The program works similarly to a word processor with having a blank slate you can type into, and a toolbar that gives you ways to format and enhance the content. Here is a full explanation of the toolbar.
Editing Multiple Pages
Do not attempt to edit multiple pages at once. If you log in to different pages at the same time, you will not be able to save some changes. Other errors may also occur.
If you have attempted to edit multiple pages and are not able to save your changes, follow the steps below. There are no guarantees this will work, but it's an option that may help.
- On the edit page, Change your view to "Source" and select all the text in the editing window. (Ctrl+A)
- Copy the text. (Ctrl+C)
- Paste the text in a text document. (Ctrl+V)
- Clear your cache and close out of your browser.
- Open your browser again.
- In your web browser, open the page you want to edit.
- Log in to edit the page.
- Copy all the information that you placed in the text document.
- Select all the text in the editing window.
- Paste the text from your text document in the editing window.
- Click "Preview" to see if the edits you wanted are present.
- Click "Save".