Planning and Design LinksPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/web/resources/training/links.html
Usability and user experience
- Jared Spool, founder of User Interface Engineering; check out their podcasts or articles.
- Gerry McGovern is changing the way people think about the web with his emphasis on Customer Carewords and task measurement. It's no longer just about content: it’s about transaction (what we do when we get to a website).
- The most widely recognized book in usability: Don’t Make Me Think by Steve Krug
- Usable Web: Links about web usability
- useit.com: Jakob Nielsen's site
- Make it useful
Design and Information Architecture (IA)
- Future of Web Design: an event that takes place a couple of times a year in various places.
- Jeffrey Zeldman is the author of a book we recommend called Designing With Web Standards. Another one is Taking Your Talent to the Web, for designers who want to make the jump from print to web.
- A List Apart that deals with all things web.
- Smashing Magazine from Germany has interesting design ideas.
- Digital Web Magazine, is now defunct. Its 500 articles, however, have been archived.
- Adaptive Path has some good ideas.
- Boxes and Arrows: IA peer-written journal
- SitePoint article: Do-it-yourself Accessibility
- Web AIM
- ITS Minnesota State Webmasters Access site
- Adobe Accessiblity site
- Web Accessibility Initiative Tools list.