General PoliciesPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/its/web/resources/training/policies.html
The workstations are for development purposes only. As such, security is of utmost importance. Therefore, the following restrictions apply:
- Do not download any software not related to our projects, including but not limited to the following software:
- any type of instant messaging (IM, AIM, ICQ, etc.)
- file sharing
- MP3 downloading or sharing
- gaming applications or other recreational software.
- Do not store MP3s for personal listening on either devweb, devweb2 or the development workstations. If you wish to listen to music at work, you may use your own personal CDs or the FILES or Krypton server.
- When you temporarily leave your workstation, hit "Ctrl-Alt-Del" and then "Lock Workstation" to ensure no one can access your computer while you're away. You may also set a screen saver that is password protected.
MSU Webpage Creation
- Training: Follow the principles outlined in the MSU Web Development Guidelines. Use template(s) located on the Web Template or other approved templates for headers, footers, content formatting, and stylesheet usage.
- Testing: You must cross-browser and cross-platform test your pages. Use all versions of browsers on both the MAC and PC. Also please validate all your pages. You can use the the validation in dreamweaver or download the Web Developer add-on for Firefox.