Special Events & AnnouncementsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/lifelonglearners/events/
Tour of New Sweden Dairy (Rural Nicollet)
Thursday, October 5, 2 p.m.
This 30 - 45 minute tour of New Sweden Dairy will include:
- Introduction-Davis Family Dairy History
- Carousel Viewing From Hallway
- Carousel Viewing From Small Classroom Area (explanation of carousel, employee responsibility, milk production, where the milk goes and about making it into cheese)
- View Birthing Area & Dry Cow Barn From Large Classroom - birthing, feeding & transition
- Tour University Dorms & Commons Area (Davis Family Dairies/UMN Relationship, Clinical Rotation, National Center of Excellence, Continuing Education)
The tour will involve walking and some stairs.
$5 FEE FOR MEMBERS. LIMITED TO 20 PARTICIPANTS
Location: 43475 County Road 15, Nicollet, MN 56074. (Use the west most driveway, with the New Sweden Dairy/U-M sign.)
BARNES & NOBLE BOOKFAIR
Thursday, October 19 - 24
Use Voucher #12233250 to benefit Lifelong Learners
For any purchases made (except gift cards) in the Mankato Barnes & Noble, October 19 - 24, Mankato Area Lifelong Learners will receive a percentage of your purchase as a donation from Barnes & Noble. If you forget your voucher, simply tell the cashier "Lifelong Learners Bookfair" to allow us to receive credit for your purchase.
For online purchases, use voucher #12233250 at checkout. www.bn.com/bookfairs
Join us at 7 p.m. for an evening with bestselling author
John Sanford will discuss his new release Deep Freeze. A question/answer period and book signing will follow. The main character, Virgil flowers has Mankato connections, making his latest thriller novel particularly interesting to those of us in this area.
Saturday, October 21 — 9 - 10:30 a.m.
Children's Museum of Southern Minnesota
Come welcome our new members and anyone interested in Lifelong Learners
Everyone is Invited!
Joins us for coffee, tea, conversation and maybe a sweet treat.
Hear a short presentation... Meet new friends... Bring your friends
For more information, contact the office at 389-2011 or email us at email@example.com
Tom Hanson Returns To Mankato Saturday, January 13, 2018
MANKATO AREA LIFELONG LEARNERS PRESENTS A FREE COMMUNITY EVENT
Saturday, January 7, 1 p.m. - Ostrander Auditorium
After a Month-Long Tour Addressing Professional Political Groups In Europe
Tom spoke in Mankato in 2015 and 2016 on Foreign Policy and Future Developments.
Tom's 2017 address will focus on the U.S. Election and its Effect on U.S. Foreign Policy.
Question and Answer to follow presentation
Tom Hanson is:
- A 25-year veteran with U.S.Foreign Service
- Worldwide speaker on Foreign Policy
- Director for NATO and European Affairs at the Altlantic Council of the United States
- Diplomat in Residence, Alworth Institute for Internatinal Affairs, UM, Duluth
Free parking in the Visitor's Lot across the street from Centennial Student Union on MSU Mankato campus - one block north of Stadium Road on Ellis Avenue
For more information, contact our office at (507) 389-2011. Office hours are Monday - Friday 9 am to noon.
This Event is Free to Everyone
For information on special events or to be added to our mailing list send an e-mail message to:
A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity University. This document is available in alternative format to individuals with disabilities by calling MALL at 507-389-2011 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). Individuals with a disability who need a reasonable accommodation to participate in this event, please contact MALL at 507-389-2011 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY) at least 30 days prior to the event.
Membership is valid for one year.
- $25 single
- $45 per couple
- $130 bundle for a single plus 4 quarters of presentations
- $250 bundle for a couple plus 4 quarters of presentations
Refund Policy: There are no refunds unless an event is canceled by Mankato Area Lifelong Learners.