General Rules / Terms and Conditions (Use, Ownership, Terms):
- Once MavCASH is deposited to the MavCASH account, the funds can be used immediately and will remain in your MavCASH account as long as you are an active student.
- Your MavCASH acts as an electronic online stored value account, not as a credit card or debit card. No negative balances, cash withdrawals or cash advances are permitted.
- It is the responsibility of the MavCASH Account Holder to monitor their account balance.
- To obtain your MavCASH account balance or transaction history, visit mavcash.mnsu.edu. Account balances are also displayed at most readers across campus when a purchase is made.
- Deposits can be made online, at Card Management Stations or the MavCARD Office. Checks may be used for MavCASH deposits at the MavCARD Office. Returned checks are subject to all check collection procedures of the Cashiers Office and a $XXXX fee.
- Upon leaving or graduating from the University; you may make a request to the MavCARD Office to request the MavCASH account balance in excess of $25 be refunded to you.
- Refund MavCASH balances are subject to a maximum $25 processing fee.
- If there are outstanding charges on an existing Student Account, they must be paid before refunds are issued. Refunds will be issued by check? direct deposit? and processed within five (5) days of request.
- What is the maximum amount of funds a student can place on MavCASH? No max.
- What is the minimum amount of funds a student can place on MavCASH? In the office no minimum, online $50.
- What is the minimum amount you will refund? $25
Lost or Stolen Cards
- Contact Wells Fargo (if you have a Wells Fargo account):
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557) or TTY/TTD 800-877-4833 for hearing impaired callers
- Freeze your MavCASH account online
- Stop by the MavCARD Office during business hours to get a new MavCARD.
- Deactivate door access privileges by contacting the appropriate department or University Security.
- Cardholder will get a new barcode on the MavCARD.
- Cardholder must pay the replacement fee of $15 before you get your reissued MavCARD. $15 is payable at the MavCARD Office (SU117).
Customer Service / Questions about the MavCARD
To report problems with your MavCARD or any related equipment, contact the MavCARD Office.