Bookstore Advisory CommitteePage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/mssa/committees/senate/bookstore.html
Bookstore Advisory Committee
Bookstore Contract Administrator: David Cowan
Meetings: Once each semester, minimum.
|5 Appointed from MSSA||5 From Other Constituencies||Total = 10|
According to the Bylaws
The Bookstore Advisory Committee shall exist to promote interaction between the University Bookstore, Minnesota State University, Mankato; and the students of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
The committee shall be responsible for investigating, evaluating, and recommending necessary courses of action to the appropriate authorities in the following, but not limited to the following areas:
- Provisions of the contract between the bookstore and the University.
- Policy and procedure of the bookstore regarding the pricing and promotion of goods sold in the Bookstore.
- Buy back policy and procedures of the Bookstore.
- Complaints against the Bookstore.
The members of the Bookstore Advisory Committee shall serve a one (1) year term. The membership of the Bookstore Advisory Committee shall consist of:
- One (1) representative from the Office of Academic Affairs appointed by the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- One (1) representative of the IFO appointed by the local president of the IFO Faculty Association.
- Five (5) students appointed by the MSSA President and confirmed by the Senate, one of which will be the Vice-Chair of the Centennial Student Union Board of Directors.
- One (1) representative from the Finance and Administration Division appointed by the Vice President for Finance and Administration, ex-officio, non-voting.
- Director of the Centennial Student Union, ex-officio, non-voting.
- Manager of the University Bookstore, ex-officio, non-voting.