Bookstore Advisory CommitteePage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/mssa/committees/senate/bookstore.html
Bookstore Advisory Committee
Bookstore Contract Administrator: David Cowan
Meetings: Once each semester, minimum.
|5 Appointed from Student Government||5 From Other Constituencies||Total = 10|
According to the Bylaws - Article IV, Section 4 - Bookstore Advisory Committee (Bylaw as amended 4/26/17)
The Bookstore Advisory Committee shall exist to promote interaction between the University Bookstore the students.
The committee shall be responsible for investigating, evaluating, and recommending necessary courses of action to the appropriate authorities in the following, but not limited to the following areas:
1. Provisions of the contract between the bookstore and the University.
2. Policy and procedure of the bookstore regarding the pricing and promotion of goods sold in the Bookstore.
3. Buy back policy and procedures of the Bookstore.
4. Complaints against the Bookstore.
5. Textbook Reserve Program.
The membership of the Bookstore Advisory Committee shall consist of:
1. One (1) representative from the Office of Academic Affairs appointed by the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
2. One (1) representative of the IFO appointed by the local president of the IFO Faculty Association.
3. Five (5) students appointed by the Student Government President and confirmed by the Senate.
4. One (1) representative from the University Operations Division appointed by the Vice President of University operations, ex-officio, non-voting.
5. Director of the Centennial Student Union, ex-officio, non-voting.
6. Manager of the University Bookstore, ex-officio, non-voting.
The Chair of the Bookstore Advisory Committee or an appropriate designee will report as scheduled by the Speaker, to the Senate on committee actions and provide the Speaker with any meeting minutes.