Communications BoardPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/mssa/committees/senate/communication.html
|7 Appointed from MSSA||4 From Other Constituencies||Total = 13|
|( Vacant 7 Positions)||
One (1) faculty member (Vacant)
One (1) community-alumni member (Vacant)
One (1) member of the University administration (Vacant)
According to the Bylaws
The Communications Board shall possess the authority to appoint appropriate editors-in-chief. It is the duty of the Board to give advice on policies and regulations, when it is deemed necessary, pertaining to publications and broadcasting operations, or when such action is requested by the appropriate student editors-in-chief. The Board shall hear all complaints brought to its attention and make recommendations to the student managers or may take action in an attempt to resolve the problem.
The Board shall make recommendations for approval, modification, or rejection of budgets for student media according to the internal operating policies set forth by the Allocations Committee.
Voting membership of the Communications Board shall consist of:
- Seven (7) students, at least four (4) of whom shall be non-Senators appointed by the MSSA President, and two (2) of whom shall be elected at large in the general election (may be Senators). The remaining student member shall be elected from among the MSSA Senators by the Senate.
In the case of vacancies, the original selection process shall be repeated except in the case of the two students elected at large; in this case the MSSA President shall fill the vacancy with said appointment reviewed and approved by the Senate.
- One (1) faculty member appointed by the Faculty Association President.
- One (1) community-alumni member appointed by the Alumni Association President.
- One (1) member of the University administration appointed in a process determined by the University President.
- The Chairperson of the Communications Board's Newspaper Committee.