Diversity CommitteePage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/mssa/committees/senate/diversity.html
MSSA Diversity Coordinator: George Usmanov (Appointed 8/23/17)
Meetings: Thursdays 6pm in the MSSA Office
|9 Appointed from MSSA||3 From Other Constituencies||Total = 12|
3 Known to Date
The Ensuring Cultural Diversity Committee develops recommendations for how the University can ensure culturally diverse learning experiences for students, faculty, staff and the community through curriculum, programming, and other activities.
According to the Bylaws - Article IV, Section 6 (as amended 4/26/2017)
The Diversity Committee shall possess the authority to develop recommendations on how the University can ensure culturally diverse learning experiences for students, faculty, staff, and the community through curriculum, programming, and other activities.
Membership of the Diversity Committee shall consist of:
- Three (3) international students one (1) being the International Student Association President or appropriate designee, three (3) minority students, and three (3) Senate representative one being the Students United Diverisity Specialist (Article V, Section 4 of these Bylaws). All students will be appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate.
- The Dean of Instituitional Diversity (ex-officio, non-voting).
- The Director of the International Students Office (ex-officio, non-voting).
- A faculty representative appointed by the local president of the IFO Faculty Association (ex-officio, non-voting).
- The MSSA Diversity Coordinator, if not the same person as the Students United Diversity Specialist, shall serve as an ex-officio non-voting member.
The Chair of the Diversity Committee (or an appropriate designee) will report as scheduled by the Speaker, to the Senate on committee actions and provide the Speaker with any meeting minutes.