NewsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=1357978848&paper=performancecenter
The Center for Sport and Performance Psychology is Now Open!
New Center is Now Open!
The Center for Sport and Performance Psychology is now open! Here is a little bit about what we do at the Center. The Center is located inside University Square on Stadium Road. Enter in the Carmike Movie Theatre Entrance and we are to your left.
We define performance broadly at the Center. Each of us performs in some way each day.
The Center for Sport and Performance Psychology works with athletes, exercisers, artists, and professionals to help them gain the confidence and motivation they need to overcome barriers, refine their focus, and prepare for challenges at any level. The Center helps people of all ages and abilities define what success means to them, and then gives them the tools they need to achieve that success.
At the Center, we work to enhance people's performance in 5 areas:
- Performing Arts
- Business/Public Speaking
We work with all types of performers including:
- An athlete who experiences doubt and anxiety leading up to the game
- An actor who wishes to speak more confidently on stage
- A working mother who wants to start an exercise program or make a behavior change
- A business professional who wants to hone their presentation skills
- A patient who has ACL surgery and wants to get back to sport/daily life effectively
- A coach who wants to gain the mental advantage for their team or personally as a coach
Physical Address: 18A University Square on Stadium Road
Mailing Address: 1400 Highland Center, Minnesota State University, Mankato, Mankato, MN 56001
Phone: (507) 389-1230
Fax: (507) 389-1231
Hours of Operation: 10-5pm Monday-Friday or by appointment
Please call us at (507) 389-1230 if we can help in any way.