News HighlightsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=1375478156&paper=topstories
30 Students Earn Master of Social Work Degrees
More than 140 students have graduated from program since it enrolled its first students in 2007.
Minnesota State University, Mankato Media Relations Office News Release, 8-2-2013
Mankato, Minn. – Thirty students graduated from Minnesota State University, Mankato’s Master of Social Work program on Friday, July 26 in Centennial Student Union’s Ostrander Auditorium.
Minnesota State Mankato’s unique Master of Social Work program focuses on social work practice in small and rural communities, combining classroom and online education with field experience. Students learn through extended internships in schools, hospitals, private social service organizations and public social welfare agencies.
The program, fully accredited by the national Council on Social Work Education, enrolled its first students in 2007. This year’s 30 graduates bring the number of students who have graduated from the program to 142 students. Minnesota State Mankato’s Master of Social Work program is Minnesota’s first such program south of the Twin Cities, and the first in the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities system.
Social workers must graduate from an accredited program to obtain professional licensure from the Minnesota Board of Social Work.
Graduating Student and Hometown (if provided)
- Laura Aldrich, Waseca, Minn.
- Rebecca Bentele, Truman, Minn.
- Tanya Borchert, Owatonna, Minn.
- Jennifer L. Bramstedt, Windom, Minn.
- AnneMarie Burgess, Janesville, Minn.
- Tristann J. Carter, Elk River, Minn.
- Gayle Chandler, Madelia, Minn.
- Brooklynn Fredericksen, Mankato, Minn.
- Tanya Lynn Friese, Granite Falls, Minn.
- Nathaniel S. Gendron, Owatonna, Minn.
- Molly Hildebrandt, St. Peter, Minn.
- Michelle C. (Shelly) Holt, Mapleton, Minn.
- Rachel Anne Johnston, Windom, Minn.
- Tiffany R Kacir, Rochester, Minn.
- Madison Kaye, Howard Lake, Minn.
- Jay S. Kimball, Eyota, Minn.
- Shelby Lenzen, Waconia, Minn.
- Sara Loose, New Ulm, Minn.
- Sarah Marie Manthei, Lake Crystal, Minn.
- Tina Meyer, Amboy, Minn.
- Melissa Moehrl
- Imad A Mohamed, Owatonna, Minn.
- Ellen Morrow Mankato, Minn.
- Theresa (Terri) Reuvers, Faribault, Minn.
- Jessica Robertson, Alexandria, S.D.
- Jan Schwarzrock, Gibbon, Minn.
- Lori L. Thom, New Ulm, Minn.
- Darren Tungsvik, Mankato, Minn.
- Donna Rae Vig
- Kira Wellner Eagle Lake, Minn.
The Department of Social Work is part of Minnesota State Mankato’s College of Social and Behavioral Sciences. For more information, contact David Beimers, director of Minnesota State Mankato’s MSW Program and assistant professor, by phone at 507-389-6190 or by email at email@example.com.
Minnesota State Mankato, a comprehensive university with 15,413 students, is part of the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities system, which comprises 31 state institutions.