NewsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=1389977119&paper=its
StarID conversion – mission accomplished!
The Minnesota State University, Mankato StarID conversion -- the biggest in MNSCU history -- is now complete and was wildly successful! ITS thanks all of our campus partners for their help in this massive undertaking.
Over the winter break, Minnesota State University, Mankato converted to StarID, the central MnSCU authentication system. This transition was part of a broader MnSCU process of standardizing onto a single login and, after this conversion, our faculty, students and staff are able to use different services across the MnSCU system with the same username and password.
At Minnesota State Mankato, you can now use your StarID to access all campus-supported services, including:
- MavNet Wireless Network
- Classroom, public lab and kiosk computers
This conversion was the biggest in MnSCU history and was a great success! Over 49,500 accounts used by 110 different services were activated,. Only about 1% of users reported issues, which were then successfully resolved. Minnesota State Mankato is the first four-year university within the MnSCU system to have completed this process and acts now as a role model to other institutions, such as St. Cloud State University and Winona State University.
This was a unique collaboration between Information Technology Services, Academic Affairs, and faculty, staff, and students, who all helped make this transition as smooth as possible. Because of all their hard work and expertise, our sincerest thanks are being extended to:
- Academic Affairs
- The Interfaculty Organization
- Minnesota State Student Association
- President Richard Davenport
- Provost Marilyn Wells
- StarID Deputies: Corey Alverson, Dylan Fenger, Erica Ferguson, Chase Garavet, Chad Hess, Christa Hurley, Vanessa Melcher, Stacy Vinkemeier, Moses Langley, Gary Urban, Joel Jensen, Bryan Johnson, Victoria Poehler, Chris Lienemann, Carol Wheeler, Kaitlynn Schultz, Kristi Mondandon, James Wise, Barb Dobie, Ashley Strom, Laura Herbst-Johnson, Melissa Chhoun, Carly Hopper, Mel Iverson, Cynthia Larson, Candace Hottinger, Becky Fritz, Molli Karen, Kim Fortin, Laura Jackson, Vicki Boruff, Gregg Marg, Dan Cronn-Mills, Matt Carlson, Jennifer Cashin, Jennifer Veltsos, Kellian Clink, Jan Marble, Greg Leslie, Mary VanDuynhoven, Michael Hanson, Christine Cords, Julie Dornack, Martha Lindberg, Casey Duevel, Marinda Phandanovuong, Laura Peterson, Peg Lawrence, Dawn Clyne, Abigael Nowak, Adora Xiong, Cretia Welborn, Romelle Quast, Kim Greer and Diane Coursol
- The ITS staff, with special thanks to: Michael McLaughlin, Mitchell Wallerstedt, Matt Clay, Marni Dunning, Joan Reinen, Jeff Henline, John Grooms, Jeff Hundstad, Linda Peters, Mark Wildt, Tim Wentz and Cathy Hughes