News HighlightsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=1394228395&paper=topstories
May 14: 'Towards Zero Deaths' Workshop
South Central regional workshop set to take place in Centennial Student Union.
Minnesota State University, Mankato Media Relations Office Announcement, 3-7-2014
There will be a South Central Minnesota "Toward Zero Deaths" workshop held on Wednesday, May 14 in Minnesota State University, Mankato's Centennial Student Union.
Minnesota Towards Zero Deaths uses interdisciplinary approaches to reducing traffic crashes, injuries and deaths on Minnesota roads. While individual disciplines have a long history of successful traffic safety programs, Towards Zero Deaths aims to tie these together with a common vision and mission for even greater success.
Individuals encouraged to attend include:
- Community law enforcement
- Emergency medical services
- Local policymakers
- Traffic safety advocates
Workshop goals are:
- Encourage traffic safety as a priority for policymakers
- Provide a method to bring traffic safety programs into your community
- Spread successes of the South Central Minnesota Toward Zero Deaths program
- Network with other traffic safety advocates
There is no cost to attend, but registration is required by April 30. Register online.
A draft workshop agenda is published here. For more information, click here or contact Annette Larson, SC/SW Toward Zero Deaths Coordinator, by phone at 507-304-6110 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.