AnnouncementPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=1424973440&paper=honors
Honors Office Open Position
Honors is looking for a Media Relations Director
Media Relations Director, Honors Program
The Media Relations Director is responsible for producing the semi-annual Honors Beacon newsletter, managing the Honors Lounge blog, and maintaining the Program’s Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages.
The Director plans newsletter and blog content, and leads a team of volunteer writers and photographers through completion of their projects. The director establishes schedules, edits submissions, and publishes blogs and other social media posts. The director is responsible for the final edit and layout of the newsletter, and submits the document to be printed in a timely manner.
The Director performs these tasks while working as a student assistant in the Honors/URC/Fellowships Office.
- Willingness and ability to learn things, investigate ideas and solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work as a part of a team that includes students, staff, and faculty
- Ability to work independently and lead a team to complete projects accurately and in a timely manner
- High level of organization skills and ability to multi-task Preferred
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop or willingness to learn
- Experience with student newsletter and/or yearbook production
- Experience with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, and LinkedIn
Hours and wages are negotiable, though it is expected that the new Media Relations Director would work a limited number of hours in Fall 2015 while expanding their responsibilities during Spring 2016. First-year and sophomore honors students in good standing are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume by April 1 to Chris Corley at the Honors Program Office.