AnnouncementPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=1448896102&paper=cset
Frey deadline extended to Dec. 11
Attention! The deadline for the Frey Fellowship has been extended from Nov. 20 to Dec. 11!
The deadline for the Anne and John Frey Climate Change & Sustainability Undergraduate Research Fellowship has been extended to Friday, December 11th, 2015 at 12:00 PM.
For more detailed information about the Frey Fellowship, visit this page.
What is the Frey Fellowship?
The purpose of the Frey Fellowship is to encourage student interest in addressing climate change - its causes and symptoms - and to seek sustainable practices on the biota, carbon footprint reduction, and/or sustainable energy practices. This fellowship should be interpreted broadly to include students in all disciplines within the College of Science, Engineering, and Technology.
The intent of the Frey Fellowship is to allow a student to build on existing classroom and/or personal experiences and interests. The research project must be independent of any existing program or competition requirement.
The Fellowship payment is $3000, plus $500 for supplies, and a $500 faculty payment.
Suggestions for application:
- Pay careful attention to the application requirements and preparation
- Note the application deadline of Friday, December 11, 2015 at 12:00 PM. Applications should be submitted to the CSET Advising Center (Trafton C125).
- Do not wait until the last minute to prepare and submit your application materials.
Allow yourself adequate time to review your entire application before you submit it.
- Consider visiting the University's Fellowship Coordinator, Ginny Walters, for assistance.
- Save a copy of your application.
To be eligible for the Frey Fellowship, you must be a declared and admitted major in a CSET program, be in good academic standing, and have an anticipated graduation date of Spring 2017 or later.
Team projects are not eligible.
Funding support will cease if you are no longer in good academic standing.