News HighlightsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=1452108910&paper=frontpage
Jan. 11-17: Winter Welcome Week for Students
Residential Life holding a week full of activities to welcome students back to campus.
Minnesota State University, Mankato Department of Residential Life Announcement, 1-6-2016
Mankato, Minn. -- The Department of Residential Life at Minnesota State University, Mankato is pleased to announce the lineup of Winter Welcome Week events to welcome new and returning students back to the residence communities for the spring 2016 semester.
The Winter Welcome Week tradition, which began in 2005, has evolved from an event with hot cocoa and a chili cook-off to a full week of events and activities coordinated by Residential Life staff.
Of course, this week of events would not be possible without the support and assistance of our campus partners including RHA (Residence Hall Association), the Student Events Team, New Student and Family Programs, Campus Recreation, Library Services, and the Department of Athletics.
Last year, over 1,500 students attended events.
For more information, please contact Nicole Faust, residential communications coordinator, by phone at 507-389-6987 or by email at email@example.com.
Some highlights from this year’s schedule include:
Monday, Jan. 11
- Welcome back hot chocolate in area lobbies (11 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- Dog sledding (1-3 p.m. on the West Library Lawn)
- Found footage film festival (9 p.m. in the CSU Ballroom)
Tuesday, Jan. 12
- Transfer student swap shop (11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in the CSU Lincoln Lounge)
- Dinner and a magic show in Carkoski Dining Hall (5-7 p.m.)
- Mocktails and music in the Bullpen (8-10 p.m.)
- Ice skating at All Seasons Arena (10 p.m. to midnight)
Wednesday, Jan. 13
- Dodgeball Tournament (10 p.m. to midnight in Myers Field House)
Thursday, Jan. 14
- Trivia at Chet’s Place (7-9 p.m.)
- Welcome back welcome mats (9-11 p.m. in area lobbies)
Friday, Jan. 15
- Maverick tailgate (4-6 p.m. in Taylor Center)
Sunday, Jan. 17
- Open climbing at Myers Field House (7-10:30 p.m.)