AnnouncementPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=1493731177&paper=facilities
Notification of Annual Steam Shutdown
Annual Steam Shutdown Scheduled to Begin at 11:56 p.m. Saturday, May 6, 2017
Dear Campus Community:
This is to announce a planned outage to allow for annual preventive maintenance of the steam heating systems. The work is scheduled to begin Saturday, May 6h, 2017 at 11:59 pm and be completed Monday, May 15th, 2017 by 4:00pm.
This outage will allow repairs to all heating system components to ensure its reliability for the upcoming year. During the outage, you may experience cooler temperatures and slightly higher than normal humidity.
Most academic buildings have electric backup domestic hot water (sinks and showers) with the exception of Taylor Center, Trafton Science Center and Ford Hall. Residence hall facilities have electric backup water heaters for hot water in sinks and showers. Please contact the Department of Residential Life at 507-389-1011 if there are questions about a particular area.
If you have any questions, concerns, or have operations with special needs, please call Physical Plant at 507-389-2071, and we’ll be glad to assist.
AFFECTED BUILDINGS INCLUDE:
- All Residence Hall Facilities – CC, CR, MC, PS, JS
- Andreas Theatre
- Armstrong Hall
- Centennial Student Union
- Clinical Sciences Building
- Dining Center
- Ford Hall
- Highland Center
- Highland North
- Memorial Library
- Morris Hall
- Myers Field House
- Nelson Hall
- Pennington Hall
- Performing Arts Center
- Taylor Center
- Trafton Science Center (North, South, Center, East)
- Wigley Administration Building
- Wiecking Center
- Wiecking Shop Building
- Wissink Hall
Specific areas/functions that will be affected:
• HC Swimming Pool – no heat for pool water (showers in HC will have hot water)
• Kitchens in the Dining Center, and Centennial Student Union – steam cooking systems down
• Trafton Science Center and Ford Hall – steam autoclaves, lab steam, no hot water throughout, no heat in green house, no re-heats in animal labs (electric backup heat will be provided for animal labs)
• Taylor Center – no hot water (includes dishwasher at snack bar)
• Highland Center Laundry – no heat for dryers
Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation while we perform these important inspections and repairs to our central steam systems.