News HighlightsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=old-1304709276&paper=topstories
Award-winning ‘Odyssey’ wins eight more honors
Cast, crew of 'The Odyssey' win 8 more commendations.
Minnesota State University, Mankato Media Relations Office news release [5/6/2011]
The cast and crew of Minnesota State Mankato’s national award-winning performance “The Odyssey” has won eight more commendations for distinguished achievement from the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival.
“Odyssey” director and Theatre & Dance Chair Paul J. Hustoles learned this week that the festival’s national selection team awarded special commendations to:
- Music composer and Minnesota State Mankato master of music alumnus Michael Croswell, for Distinguished Achievement in Music & Composition;
- Hustoles, for Distinguished Achievement in Direction;
- Matthew A. Gilbertson, for Distinguished Achievement in Stage Management;
- 28 cast members, for Distinguished Achievement in Ensemble Performance: Deanne McDonald , Tim Gagne, David Wasylik, Joe Crook, Andy Gullikson, J. Alexander Coe, Megan Volkman-Wilson, Laura D. Thaisen, Adam Karal Sahli, Laura Otremba, Adam Moen, Emily Jansen, Anthony DePoto, Jessica Dougherty, Clayton Oliver Rutschow, Rodney Fair, Emma Ottoson, Meredith Larson, Morgan Mallory, Jason Garton, Joey West, Dustin Guy Jackson, Austin England, Jameson Pieper, Sarah Polis-Mares, Natalie Schleusner, Rudolph Searles III, Sam Stoll;
- Kimberly Michele Steffen, for Distinguished Achievement in Performance as “Athena”;
- Scenic designer and Theatre faculty emeriti Tom Bliese, for Distinguished Achievement in Set Design;
- Theatre faculty member David McCarl, for Distinguished Achievement in Costume Design;
- Theatre faculty member Steven Smith, Distinguished Achievement in Lighting Design.
This winter “The Odyssey” was selected for the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival’s Region V performances in Ames, Iowa. Its cast and crew performed at the national festival in Washington, D.C., in April, one of four nationwide who were chosen from the 1,500 contending productions.
Minnesota State Mankato, a comprehensive university with 15,393 students, is part of the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities system, which comprises 32 state institutions.