EventsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=old-1321298353&paper=cdc
Spring Semester Practice Interviews Jan 30-Feb 3
Improve your interviewing skills so that you're ready!
CDC (WA 209)
Career Development Center, WA 209
January 30-February 3, 2012 - ALL Majors
Benefits of participating:
- Gain interview experience with an employer
- Receive feedback on your interviewing skills
- Prepare for interview opportunities resulting from the job fairs and on-campus recruiting activities
How do I sign-up?
- Log into your mavjobs account
- Click on the "Events" tab in the purple header bar of your home page
- Click on the "Workshops" tab near the top just under the purple line under the word "Events"
- Enter keyword "practice" and click "search" or scroll through events list to find the practice interview sessions
- Choose the session that most closely fits with your major, choose a time slot that works for you, and click "RSVP"
All practice interviews will take place in the CDC, WA 209. PLEASE BRING A COPY OF YOUR RESUME TO THE PRACTICE INTERVIEW TO ASSIST THE RECRUITER.
Early sign up is strongly encouraged, and you may sign up for any interview slot that fits your schedule. If there are no available slots that work for you, please contact the CDC at 507-389-6063 to find out if any additional slots will be added.
Need assistance polishing your resume?
The Career Development Center is available to help. Bring a HARD COPY of your resume and stop in during scheduled CDC Quick Stop hours inside the Career Development Center, WA 209. A CDC staff member can help you put the finishing touches on your resume.
How should I be prepared for the practice interview?
- Be on time
- Bring a copy of your resume
- Dress professionally
- Turn off cell phones!
- Review practice interview questions and interviewing tips in the Job Search Handbook
If you have questions about mavjobs.com, contact the Career Development Center at 507-389-6061 or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your organization is interested in volunteering to conduct practice interviews with Minnesota State Mankato students the week of Sept. 11-13, 2012 or Oct. 2-5, 2012, please contact: Brenda Garbers, Recruitment Coordinator at 507-389-6063 or via email email@example.com.
For MSU events: individuals with a disability, who need reasonable accommodation to participate in this event, are asked to contact the Office of Disability Services at 507-389-2825 (V/TTD), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTD) at least five days prior to the event.