News HighlightsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=old-1362410768&paper=topstories
May 20: Traffic Safety Workshop, "Toward Zero Deaths"
This is first "Toward Zero Deaths" (TZD) workshop held just for the south central region.
Minnesota Department of Transportation Announcement, 3-4-2013
The Minnesota Department of Transportation announced it was holding a "Toward Zero Deaths" (TZD) workshop from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Monday, May 20 at Minnesota State University, Mankato's Centennial Student Union.
Admission and parking are free. Lunch is provided. Registration materials will be available here.
Who Should Attend:
- Community law enforcement, engineers, educators, emergency medical services, local policymakers and other traffic safety advocates.
- Encourage traffic safety as a priority for policymakers
- Provide information on traffic safety issues in south central Minnesota
- Provide a method to bring traffic safety programs into your community
- Spread successes of the South Central Minnesota TZD programs
- Network with other traffic safety advocates
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs) and Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be available; POST credits are pending.
- South Central Minnesota Toward Zero Deaths program, including the DPS Office of Traffic Safety and MnDOT District 8
- MnDOT Office of Traffic, Safety and Technology
- Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota
For more information contact:
Minnesota Department of Transportation
South Central MN TZD regional coordinator