News HighlightsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=old-1365436621&paper=topstories
April 12: Graduate Studies Colloquium
Event held from noon to 3:30 p.m. in CSU South Ballroom.
Minnesota State University, Mankato Media Relations Office News Release, 4-8-2013
Mankato, Minn. -- Minnesota State University, Mankato's Department of Communication Studies and the College of Graduate Studies & Research are sponsoring a Graduate Studies Colloquium on Friday, April 12 from noon to 3:30 p.m. in the Centennial Student Union South Ballroom at Minnesota State Mankato. All are welcome to attend. A poster is available here.
The presentations will include:
- A Study Abroad Trip Through Turkey and Greece – Dr. Daniel Cronn-Mills
- Transnational Asia: Theorizing Identity in the Globalized World – Dr. Sachi Sekimoto, 2012 Recipient of the Nadine B. Andreas Creative or Research Grant
- Discovering the Influence of Digital Media within a Non-Profit Organization: An Internship – Matthew Windett
- Not Savage and Not Fully Westernized: An Autoethnography of Rejection and Acceptance – Agnes Claudia Bosibori Ndemo
- Conflict in the Workplace: Managing Customer Satisfaction – Emma Moreau
- Ethics and Introductory Courses: Do We Teach What We Preach? – Karyn Stoutenburg
- ‘A Spontaneous Overflow of Powerful Feelings’: Autobiographical Authenticity, Interpretation, and Author’s Intent in Oral Performance of Literature – Justin Helmley
- First-Generation College Students: Forensics Fulfilling a Family Support Function – Elizabeth Stoltz
- Teaching the Basic Course with a Deliberative Dialogue Model: Exploring a New Pedagogical Approach to Power-Sharing Inspired by John Taylor Gatto and John Dewey– James DeLung